Carlos Gruezo, Maynor Figueroa Called into National Team Duty
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas midfielder Carlos Gruezo (Ecuador) and defender Maynor Figueroa (Honduras) have been called in to represent their respective countries during the FIFA International Break running Nov. 12-20. Defender Reggie Cannon was called in to represent the U.S. Men's National Team on Tuesday.
This is the second call up this year for each. Gruezo called up for friendlies against Qatar and Oman in the October FIFA International Break. Figueroa and Honduras traveled to the Middle East for a friendly against the United Arab Emirates on Oct. 11.
Gruezo scored two goals and one assist in 31 appearances for the 2018 regular season. He scored his first MLS goal in the 3-2 win on May 30 against LA Galaxy and later scored his second goal in the 3-1 win on July 14 against Chicago Fire.
The Ecuadorian National Team will have friendlies against Peru in Lima, Peru on Nov. 15 and Panama in Panama City on Nov. 20. These friendlies will be the last matches Ecuador will play this season.
Figueroa scored one goal in 16 appearances this season. He scored his lone goal of the season in the 2-0 win against Minnesota United FC on August 18, making it his third career goal scored in the month of August.
The Honduran National Team will have friendlies against Panama in Tegucigalpa, Honduras on Nov. 16 and Chile in Temuco, Chile on Nov. 20.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 8, 2018
- Two Dynamo Players Called up for International Duty - Houston Dynamo
- Carlos Gruezo, Maynor Figueroa Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Ubogagu Scores in England Debut; USWNT Cruises over Portugal - Orlando City SC
- Dynamo to Host Inaugural Cascarita Tournament and Festival, Driven by Houston Area Ford Dealers - Houston Dynamo
- Midfielder Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Montreal Impact
- Chapman & Fraser Called into Canadian National Team - Toronto FC
- Minnesota United Goalkeeper and Cancer Survivor Matt Lampson Named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year Presented by AdvoCare - MLS
- Matt Lampson Named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Selects Three More Players in 2019 MLS SuperDraft 3rd, 4th Rounds
- FC Dallas Announces 2019 Preseason Training Schedule
- FC Dallas Selects Two Players in 2019 MLS SuperDraft
- FC Dallas Names Marco Ferruzzi Director of Soccer Operations
- FC Dallas Head Coach Luchi Gonzalez Announces 2019 Coaching Staff