Chapman & Fraser Called into Canadian National Team
Toronto FC midfielders Jay Chapman and Liam Fraser have been called into the Canadian Men's National team by head coach John Herdman for a 2018-19 Concacaf Nations League Qualifying match against St. Kitts and Nevis, Canada Soccer announced today. The match will kick-off at 7:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 18 at Warner Park Football Field in Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis.
Chapman, 24, has earned two caps and scored one goal for Canada. His lone goal came in his senior team debut on January 22, 2017, as Canada recorded a 4-2 victory over Bermuda in a friendly match. Chapman appeared in 27 combined matches for TFC in 2018, registering three goals and one assist (MLS, Canadian Championship, Concacaf Champions League and Campeones Cup).
Fraser, 20, is looking to earn his first cap with Canada's senior national team. He was part of the Canadian squad but did not feature in a Concacaf Nations League qualifier against U.S. Virgin Islands in September. For TFC this season, Fraser made a total of 12 appearances between MLS league matches and the Canadian Championship.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 8, 2018
- Two Dynamo Players Called up for International Duty - Houston Dynamo
- Carlos Gruezo, Maynor Figueroa Called into National Team Duty - FC Dallas
- Ubogagu Scores in England Debut; USWNT Cruises over Portugal - Orlando City SC
- Dynamo to Host Inaugural Cascarita Tournament and Festival, Driven by Houston Area Ford Dealers - Houston Dynamo
- Midfielder Samuel Piette Called up by Canada - Montreal Impact
- Chapman & Fraser Called into Canadian National Team - Toronto FC
- Minnesota United Goalkeeper and Cancer Survivor Matt Lampson Named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year Presented by AdvoCare - MLS
- Matt Lampson Named MLS WORKS Humanitarian of the Year - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.