Caps Set to Close out November with Trio of Road Games
Before everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving meals tomorrow, there's some business at hand to take care of. The Madison Capitols (10-5-1) head down to Waterloo, Iowa tonight for a game series with the Black Hawks (8-7-0-1).
The Capitols, who are coming off of being swept for the first time all season, look to get back to their winning ways this evening. Both teams are coming into the contest 6-4-0 in their last 10.
Madison is led by forwards Jack Horbach and Tyler Haskins along with blueliner Luke Mittelstadt, all with 15 points. The Capitols have 10 players who boast double digits in points.
The Capitols have had little issue lighting the lamp this season. Their +16 goal differential is third in the USHL. Madison's 67 goals for rank second among all USHL clubs.
Madison also flaunts the 3rd ranked power play in the league. Operating at 24.2 percent for the season, the Capitols are averaging a power play goal a game.
Looking ahead to the weekend. The Caps travel to Muskegon, Michigan for a two game series with the Lumberjacks. The last time the two Eastern Conference rivals met, they battled it out for two games at Capitol Ice with an end result that saw the Caps come out with a weekend sweep.
Puck drop is slated for 7:05 PM this evening.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 24, 2021
- Gamblers Start Thanksgiving Weekend Series with Loss - Green Bay Gamblers
- Zadorozhnyy Shuts out Team USA U17 5-0, Lumberjacks Win 4 in a Row - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Caps Set to Close out November with Trio of Road Games - Madison Capitols
- USHL Weekly Report - Week 9 - USHL
- Fargo Force Week 10 Preview - Fargo Force
- Steel Take to the Road Thanksgiving Weekend - Chicago Steel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Capitols Stories
- Caps Win Streak Halted at Three, Settle for Series Split with Team USA
- Caps Roll in Series Opener over U17s, Win 3rd Straight
- Caps Head East for Road Series with Team USA
- Dangos Tabbed as Week 16 Defenseman of the Week After 3-Point Weekend
- Capitols Complete Sweep of Cedar Rapids with 5-4 Triumph