Capital City Acquires Rights to Josh Davis and Chasson Randle
WASHINGTON, DC - The Capital City Go-Go, the Washington Wizards' NBA G League affiliate, announced two trade acquisitions today.
Capital City acquired the rights to Chasson Randle from the Westchester Knicks in exchange for the rights to Stephen Zimmerman. Randle, a 6-2 point guard from Stanford, last played in the NBA G League in 2016-17 with the Westchester Knicks, where he averaged 20.5 points, 3.7 assists and 3.6 rebounds in 21 games. Randle also played the final four months of the 2016-17 season with the Philadelphia 76ers and New York Knicks. Randle last appeared in this past Summer's Las Vegas Summer League with the New Orleans Pelicans, and spent the 2017-18 season playing overseas with Real Madrid of the Spanish ACB and Euroleague.
In its second deal of the day, the Go-Go acquired the rights to Josh Davis in a three-team trade with the Westchester Knicks and Wisconsin Herd. Capital City sent the rights of Duje Dukan to Westchester, while Westchester sent Travis Trice's rights to Wisconsin. Davis, a 6-8 forward from San Diego State, last played in the NBA G League during the 2014-15 season with the Austin Spurs. Most recently, Davis spent the 2017-18 season with the Kawasaki Brave Thunders of the Japanese B.League, where he averaged 10.7 points and 7.5 rebounds in 59 games.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 4, 2018
- Go-Go to Hold Local Tryout - Capital City Go-Go
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Brandon Goodwin - Memphis Hustle
- Lakeland Magic Host Open House Event September 11 - Lakeland Magic
- 3 Drive Alum to Attend Team USA Training Camp - Grand Rapids Drive
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Capital City Acquires Rights to Josh Davis and Chasson Randle - Capital City Go-Go
- Chasson Randle to Attend USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team Training Camp - Capital City Go-Go
- Capital City Go-Go Name Pops Mensah-Bonsu as GM and Jarell Christian as Head Coach - Capital City Go-Go
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.