Canaries Head to Jackson for Series vs. Goldeyes
SIOUX FALLS - The Sioux Falls Canaries (11-10) fell in the series finale against the Cleburne Railroaders (11-10) by a final score of 8-3 Thursday at The Birdcage.
The Canaries head to Jackson, Tennessee to start a new series against the Winnipeg Goldeyes (7-12). First pitch in Jackson is slated for Friday at 6:30 pm CT. Fans can tune in to a live broadcast of the game on Fox Sports 98.1.
Eddie Medina (1-2) was credited with the loss. Medina allowed nine hits for six runs (six earned) and struck out five Railroaders while pitching into the sixth. Austin Fairchild (1-2) was credited with the win. Fairchild allowed six hits for three runs (three earned) and struck out seven Birds.
The Canaries offense was powered by left fielder Nick Gotta and catcher Shamoy Christopher. Gotta recorded two base hits and Shamoy recorded two base hits, two RBIs and a run. Trey Michalczewski and Mike Hart were the other Birds to score.
The Canaries will be back home on Tuesday, June 15 to start a series against the Milwaukee Milkmen. Tuesday night will be another Groovy Tunesday! Fans will listen to some awesome Yacht Rock while enjoying an exciting game. Tuesdays are also "Nacho Tuesdays". Buy one order of Nachos and get the second order for half price.
For more information on the Canaries, follow the team on Twitter @canaries. To purchase tickets and for all other team information, visit sfcanaries.com. Media contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 11, 2021
- 'Dogs Take Game One from Kane County - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Stellar Bullpen Effort, Clutch Hits Lift Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Railroaders Drop Series Opener in Fargo - Cleburne Railroaders
- Surfs up for the Monarchs - Kansas City Monarchs
- Free Kids Tickets, Dad Bod Olympics on Thursday's "Early Father's Day" - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Milkmen Head Home After Successful Road Trip - Milwaukee Milkmen
- Single Game Tickets on Sale Today for Remaining Chicago Dogs 2021 Season Games - Chicago Dogs
- Monarchs Take Series from RailCats - Kansas City Monarchs
- Canaries Head to Jackson for Series vs. Goldeyes - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Dogs Fall Short in Attempt at Series Sweep in Sioux City - Chicago Dogs
- X's Finish off Home Stand with Win - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.