Canadian Wide Receiver Jake Harty Stays in Riderville
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed national wide receiver Jake Harty to a contract extension.
Harty (6'2-210) played in all 14-regular season games and two playoff games in 2021 and was an integral part of the Roughriders' special teams. In his first season back from a serious knee injury, he led the team with 10 special teams tackles. Harty initially signed with the Green and White in in 2018.
Prior to joining the Roughriders, Harty spent three CFL seasons with the Ottawa Redblacks. He was selected in the second round (10th overall) of the 2015 CFL Draft. He played 34 regular-season games with Ottawa, collecting 36 receptions for 307 yards and one touchdown while adding 12 special-teams tackles. He won the Grey Cup with the Redblacks in 2016.
The 31-year-old from Calgary spent four collegiate seasons (2011-14) at his hometown U of C, playing in 40 games. He earned 194 receptions for 2,432 yards and 17 touchdowns and 27 carries for 244 yards and three touchdowns. He also added 36 kickoff returns for 1,021 yards and two touchdowns and 127 punt returns for 1,174 yards. Harty set a Canada West for longest kickoff return, scoring a 110-yard touchdown in 2012.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 20, 2022
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on Extension with CFL's Most Outstanding Player Zach Collaros - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Elks Extend Smith, Jones - Edmonton Elks
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign Defensive Back Adeleke to Two-Year Deal - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Canadian Receiver Nate Behar - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Roughriders Sign American Defensive Back Amari Henderson - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Sceviour Re-Signs with Red and White - Calgary Stampeders
- Canadian Wide Receiver Jake Harty Stays in Riderville - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Blue Bombers Extend Contract of CFL's Most Outstanding Defensive Player Adam Bighill - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatchewan Roughriders Stories
- Coors Light Training Camp Report Day 3
- Coors Light Training Camp Report Day 2
- Riders Ink 2022 First Round Pick Samuel Emilus; Lock up Entire Draft Class
- Riders Sign 2021 Third Round Pick Bruno Labelle, Long Snapper Zach Zynomirski
- Roughriders Trim Roster