Bulls Blow Past Atlantic Division-Leading Maine Red Claws 103-89
Hoffman Estates, IL- The Windy City Bulls (18-21), presented by BMO Harris Bank, the official NBA Development League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, surged past the Atlantic Division-leading Maine Red Claws 103-89 Monday night at the Sears Centre en route to their fourth win in the past five games.
Alec Brown was three blocks shy of a triple-double, finishing with 13 points, 10 rebounds and seven blocks. Wesley Saunders came off the bench to nearly earn a triple-double of his own with a 12 points, 11 assists and nine rebound performance. Aaron Thomas led all scorers with 20 points while adding eight rebounds and five assists.
The Red Claws, the NBA D-League affiliate of the Boston Celtics, fell to 24-17 on the season. Demetrius Jackson led the way for Maine with 17 points and 10 assists. Illinois native Abdel Nader scored all 10 of his points in the first quarter before leaving the game with an apparent leg injury.
Windy City surged out to a 28-13 lead after the first quarter and extended it to 49-19 with 3:27 remaining in the first half on a driving layup by Saunders. The Bulls held a 57-30 lead at halftime.
The Red Claws outscored the Bulls 59-46 in the second half, trimming the deficit to 13 late in the fourth quarter but time ran out as Windy City earned the victory.
The Bulls shot 47% from the field while also out-rebounding the Red Claws 45-44.
The Bulls return to action on Wednesday morning at the Sears Centre Arena when they host the Canton Charge at 10 AM for Education Day in front of local schools. For more information visit Windy City Bulls.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 7, 2017
- Marquis Teague Joins Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bulls Blow Past Atlantic Division-Leading Maine Red Claws 103-89 - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Blows Away Maine - Maine Red Claws
- D-Fenders Acquire Andre Ingram - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- Windy City's Antonio Blakeney Named 2017-18 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Hamilton Posts First Career Triple-Double, Windy City Downs Greensboro 108-90
- Shorthanded Windy City Falls 119-107 to Fort Wayne in Final Road Game
- Windy City Struggles Down the Strecth, Falls 104-93 to Grand Rapids
- Windy City Falls 121-120 to Memphis in a Double Overtime Thriller