Marquis Teague Joins Mad Ants
Fort Wayne, Ind- The Fort Wayne Mad Ants have officially added Marquis Teague to their roster. The Mad Ants acquired Teague last week in a trade with the Oklahoma City Blue.
During his time in Oklahoma City, he averaged 31 minutes, 15.3 points, 2.2 rebounds, and 5.8 assists.
Teague, a 6 foot 2, 180 guard native of Indianapolis is also the brother of Jeff Teague, Indiana Pacers starting point guard.
Teague played for the University of Kentucky during their 2011-12 NCAA Championship season; averaging 33 minutes, 10 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 4.8 assists.
Following his freshman season at UK, Teague entered the 2012 NBA Draft, where he was selected 29th overall by the Chicago Bulls. In two seasons with the Bulls, Teague averaged 10.5 minutes, 1.4 assists and 2.3 points.
Teague went back and forth between the Bulls and the NBA Development team the Iowa Energy, until being traded to the Brooklyn Nets in January of 2014. He recorded 9.6 minutes, 2.95 points, 1 rebound, and 1.4 assists points for the Nets.
In October of 2014, Teague was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers and was waived three days later. In November of that year, the Oklahoma City Blue selected Teague ninth overall in the 2014 NBA D-League Draft.
Teague played for the Blue through the 2015-16 season, following he made his move to play overseas.
To begin the 2016-17 season, Teague played for Avtodor Saratov in Russia. Teague played in nine games for Avtodor, averaging 20.4 minutes, 5.8 points, 2.1 rebounds, and 4.4 assists.
Teague then went on to play for Ironi Nahariya in Israel for the remainder of the 2016-17 season before being acquired by the Mad Ants. Teague averaged 23.8 minutes, 10.1 points, 2.5 rebounds, and 4.9 assists for Ironi over seven games.
Teague will be active and in Mad Ants uniform wearing number 3 for Wednesday's game at Salt Lake City at 9:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 7, 2017
- Marquis Teague Joins Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Bulls Blow Past Atlantic Division-Leading Maine Red Claws 103-89 - Windy City Bulls
- Windy City Blows Away Maine - Maine Red Claws
- D-Fenders Acquire Andre Ingram - Los Angeles D-Fenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- MVP Lorenzo Brown Headlines 2017-18 All-NBA G League First Team
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Fall to Erie in Eastern Conference Semifinals
- DeQuan Jones Named NBA G League Most Improved Player
- GM Brian Levy Second in NBA G League Executive of the Year Voting
- Mad Ants Host Eastern Conference Semifinals on April 3 at 7 p.m.