Bucs Fall at Dubuque
Dubuque, IA - The Bucs fought hard, but fall short at Dubuque. Tanner Latsch started off strong for the Bucs with his eighth goal of the season just over two minutes into the first period. Connor Kurth of the Fighting Saints tied things up with his 12th goal of the season, followed by another Dubuque goal with five minutes left in the first. Both sides had one power play chance in the period, but the penalty kills fought off any scoring. The Bucs had 13 shots-on-goal to end the first period while the Fighting Saints had 14.
Recent Providence commit, Michael Stenberg, grabbed his first goal of the season to tie the game on a Des Moines power play. Connor Kurth answered with a goal to take the lead for the Fighting Saints once more. Jackson Dorrington, a B rated skater on the NHL Central Scouting List, tied the game once again with his first goal of the season as the clock hit zero on a Des Moines power play. Henry Bartle gave the Bucs their second lead of the game with a goal just 30 seconds later. The second period came to an end with two more Fighting Saints goals. The Bucs trailed 4-5 heading into the third. Shots-on-goal for the period were even at ten on each side. Carson Limesand, the Des Moines goaltender, went to the bench for the third period with 19 saves on 24 shots on goal.
Davis Burnside tied things up one more time with a Buccaneers goal, his sixth of the season, seven minutes into the third. Dubuque took the lead once more and secured the win with an empty netter.
The Bucs will be back at home taking on the Fargo Force Friday, December 3rd, bring a new, unwrapped toy for our toy drive and Saturday, December 4th will feature the annual Broadlawns Ugly Sweater Jersey with auction to follow the game!
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from November 28, 2021
- Four Unanswered Goals Allow Lancers to Complete Comeback over Sioux City - Omaha Lancers
- Steel Defeated 7-5 by Team USA (U18); Chicago Point Streak Ends at Seven Games - Chicago Steel
- Bucs Fall at Dubuque - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Late Goal Sinks Stars in Omaha - Lincoln Stars
- Force Comeback and Beat Storm in OT - Fargo Force
- Burchill's Goal Lifts Saints to Victory over Des Moines - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Hawks Fall in Back-And-Forth Tilt - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.