Bucks Split Series with Willmar, Fall 2-0
The Waterloo Bucks (11-26) fell to the Willmar Stingers (23-14) by a 2-0 score on Thursday night.
Tate Samuelson and Trey Leonard each went 2-3 with a stolen base for Waterloo.
Blake Walden took a hard-luck loss, allowing just 2 earned over 5.0 innings on 6 hits and 3 walks with 2 strikeouts. Karl Hirsch and Joshua Culliver each struck out 2 over 2.0 innings of relief.
The Bucks open a 2-game set with St. Cloud on Friday night at 6:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 5, 2018
- Stingers Take Game Two from Bucks - Willmar Stingers
- Growlers Drop Game Two to Chinooks - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Fond Du Lac Falls 7-4 to Kenosha - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mann's Three-Run Home Run Lifts Loggers Past Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Rivets Get Swept by the Woodchucks in 14-2 loss - Rockford Rivets
- Woodchucks Win Fourth Game in a Row and Sweep Rivets - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Late-Game Rally Comes up Short - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Too Much for Mallards - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Split Series with Willmar, Fall 2-0 - Waterloo Bucks
- Loggers Defeat Honkers in Resumed Game - Rochester Honkers
- Starting July 6th: Backpack Give Back - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Travel to Green Bay to Kick off Road Trip - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Wrap up Homestand - Madison Mallards
- Willmar Falls to Bucks to Start Second Half - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.