Mallards Wrap up Homestand
Madison, Wis. - After falling 7-0 last night, the Madison Mallards (0-1, 28-9) take on the Battle Creek Bombers (1-0, 17-19) tonight at 6:05 PM at Warner Park. Tonight's game features a Pat McCurdy post-game show presented by Endres Manufacturing followed by fireworks presented by Pepsi. Make sure to also check out the Wisconsin Special Ticket Special which is in action for the last time tonight.
The first half champion Mallards dropped their first game of the second half and will look to get back on track tonight. The Mallards had won five straight home games before falling yesterday and have only lost a total of three home games so far this season.
The Mallards plan to start Illinois righty Ryan Kutt. Kutt is coming off of a spectacular outing his last time out. Kutt went 7.0 scoreless frames and allowed only two baserunners while striking out seven in a 5-0 win over the Wisconsin Woodchucks last week at Warner Park. Kutt holds a 3.64 ERA and a 2-1 record through five starts this season. Kutt has held batters to a .253 clip at the dish against him this summer.
Battle Creek is scheduled to start Amani Godfrey. Godfrey is 2-3 with a 4.61 ERA through five outings this summer. Godfrey faced the Mallards on June 8thand allowed four runs on seven hits in a 3.0 inning start that ended in a 7-6 Madison victory. Godfrey allowed six runs on ten hits over 4.0 innings in his last start.
Players to Watch
Mallards infielder Trevor Schwecke (UW-Milwaukee) is batting .351 over his last ten ballgames. Schwecke has 13 hits and has knocked in six runs over that span. Schwecke has been a threat on the bases all summer as he has swiped team-high 14 bags.
Mallards outfielder Drew Campbell (Louisville) led the Mallards with two hits last night and has 13 knocks over his last ten ballgames. Campbell has been consistently slotted in the Madison leadoff spot and has played all over the Mallards outfield.
For tickets and more information visit mallardsbaseball.com. Make sure to catch every Mallards game game on The Zone, 1670 AM and 96.7 FM.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 5, 2018
- Stingers Take Game Two from Bucks - Willmar Stingers
- Growlers Drop Game Two to Chinooks - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Fond Du Lac Falls 7-4 to Kenosha - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mann's Three-Run Home Run Lifts Loggers Past Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Rivets Get Swept by the Woodchucks in 14-2 loss - Rockford Rivets
- Woodchucks Win Fourth Game in a Row and Sweep Rivets - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Rox Late-Game Rally Comes up Short - St. Cloud Rox
- Bombers Too Much for Mallards - Madison Mallards
- Bucks Split Series with Willmar, Fall 2-0 - Waterloo Bucks
- Loggers Defeat Honkers in Resumed Game - Rochester Honkers
- Starting July 6th: Backpack Give Back - Bismarck Larks
- Rafters Travel to Green Bay to Kick off Road Trip - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Mallards Wrap up Homestand - Madison Mallards
- Willmar Falls to Bucks to Start Second Half - Willmar Stingers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Madison Mallards Stories
- Mallards Rally Falls Shy in Traverse City
- Mallards Compete against Traverse City for Great Lakes Championship
- Mallards Explosive Offense and Strong Pitching Eliminates Rafters
- Mallards Put Rafters on Verge of Elimination
- Mallards Roll Rafters 9-2 to Open Playoffs