Bruins Split Series as Minot Wins 3-2
AUSTIN, MN - The Bruins Power Play had a strong performance but couldn't hold on as Minot takes Saturday's game by the final of 3-2.
In a performance, similar to last night, both the Bruins and Minotauros would have a scoreless 1st period. The second period, however, would prove to be a high-scoring affair as the Bruins would score two Power Play goals. The first goal would come on an extended power play, as the Holly, Michigan native, Carson Riddle would blast one past Minotauros goalie, Carter Clafton. The second power-play goal, scored by Jens Richards, would come 43 seconds later as the puck would redirect off of Richards in front from a shot off the stick of Dylan Gajewski. These would be the only two tallies the Bruins would get past Clafton, as the Minotauros net-minder would stop 27 of the 29 shots he would face. Minot would get three unanswered goals scored by, Zack Simon, Mason Campbell, and the eventual game-winner from Colby Joseph.
Up next is the first-ever meeting between the Bruins and the North Iowa Bulls. The first game of the home-and-home series begins Friday night, October 1st, as Austin will travel down to Mason City for a 7:30 pm game. Then the two teams will meet again on Saturday, October 2nd, at Riverside Arena for a 7 pm match-up. Both games can be seen and heard on Hockey TV and Power 96, as well as tickets for Saturday Nights Game, are available by visiting AustinBruins.com
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 25, 2021
- Bruins Split Series as Minot Wins 3-2 - Austin Bruins
- Bulls' Saturday Night Roller Coaster Ride Ends with 6-5 Win over Aberdeen - North Iowa Bulls
- Nordiques Silence Black Bears with 3-0 Win - Maryland Black Bears
- Tomahawks Fall 6-3 to Generals - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Jacks Beat Wichita, 3-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bulls Roar Early, But Aberdeen Flies Back for 3-2 Win at North Iowa - North Iowa Bulls
- Bannister and Calafiore Help Lead Titans to 4-2 Win over Rebels - New Jersey Titans
- Norsemen Battle Past Bobcats in Home Opener - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Norsemen Battle Past Bismarck in Front of Great Crowd for Home-Opening Win - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Wings Deliver North Iowa's First Regulation Loss - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Salani's Multi-Goal Night Propels Bruins to 6-3 Victory
- Knapp Named Bauer NAHL Central Star of the Week
- Riddle's Milestone Night Capped off with Weekend Sweep of Minot
- Knapp's 28 Save Performance Helps Lead Bruins to 3-1 Victory
- Bruins Hold off Minotauros in Wild Saturday Night Victory