Tomahawks Fall 6-3 to Generals
The Northeast Generals defeated the Johnstown Tomahawks 6-3 Saturday night and secured the weekend sweep on home ice at the New England Sports Village.
After both sides settled into the game with a lot of intensity to start early on, the Generals would strike first as CJ Zezima opened the scoring 12:43 into the game. About a minute later, Billy Simms was whistled for tripping, which resulted in a second goal for the Generals coming from Matt Boczar just 1:50 later. The Tomahawks had a bit of a turnaround in the late stages of the period, with Jake Black getting his second goal in as many games, scoring on the power play as well, to get the Hawks on the board just in time for the close of the 1st period.
David Matousek tied the game up for the Tomahawks 8:01 into the 2nd period with assists going to Stephen Kyrkostas and Will Elger. The Generals would respond though, with forward Brent Keefer getting the go-ahead goal for Northeast once again with 5:22 remaining in the 2nd period.
The Tomahawks struck early with a goal from Sean Ramsay 1:26 into the 3rd period, tying the game back up at three with his unassisted, wrist shot goal. Just before the halfway mark in the 3rd, Jared Scott regained the lead yet again for the Generals. 2:45 later, Ryan Gordan secured the game for Northeast, giving the Generals a 5-3 lead. The Tomahawks pulled goaltender Karsten Bourgoine for the extra-attacker, but Scott scored his second of the game for Northeast, giving them a 6-3 win and a weekend series sweep against the Tomahawks.
The Tomahawks open the 2021-22 season on home ice at 1ST SUMMIT ARENA on Saturday, October 2 at 7 PM against the Maryland Black Bears. Information on season ticket holder ticket pickup and individual ticket sales will be released within the coming days.
(12:43) NORTHEAST - CJ Zezima (1) from Ryan Gordon (2) Matt Boczar (6)
(14:33) NORTHEAST - Matt Boczar (2) from David Andreychuk (5) Kyle Schroeder (3) PPG
(18:01) JOHNSTOWN - Jake Black (4) from Sean Ramsay (4) PPG
(8:01) JOHNSTOWN - David Matousek (2) from Stephen Kyrkostas (2) Will Elger (1)
(14:38) NORTHEAST - Brent Keefer (5) from David Andreychuk (6) Paul Minnehan (6)
(1:26) JOHNSTOWN - Sean Ramsay (1) UNASSISTED
(10:11) NORTHEAST - Jared Scott (2) from Steven Ardagna (1) Sixten Jennersjo (3)
(12:56) NORTHEAST - Ryan Gordon (4) from Sixten Jennersjo (4) Matt Boczar (7) PPG
E(18:48) NORTHEAST - Jared Scott (3) from Landon Kolnik (3) Asher Wites (3) ENG
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 25, 2021
- Bruins Split Series as Minot Wins 3-2 - Austin Bruins
- Bulls' Saturday Night Roller Coaster Ride Ends with 6-5 Win over Aberdeen - North Iowa Bulls
- Nordiques Silence Black Bears with 3-0 Win - Maryland Black Bears
- Tomahawks Fall 6-3 to Generals - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Jacks Beat Wichita, 3-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bulls Roar Early, But Aberdeen Flies Back for 3-2 Win at North Iowa - North Iowa Bulls
- Bannister and Calafiore Help Lead Titans to 4-2 Win over Rebels - New Jersey Titans
- Norsemen Battle Past Bobcats in Home Opener - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Norsemen Battle Past Bismarck in Front of Great Crowd for Home-Opening Win - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Wings Deliver North Iowa's First Regulation Loss - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.