Bruins Doubled up by Aberdeen, 6-3
AUSTIN, Minn. - The Bruins surrender four straight goals and fall to the Wings, 6-3 at Riverside Arena.
Despite taking the game's first lead off a goal from Connor Mylymok, the Wings kept battling back into the game. With the lead 1-1, Krenzen blasted a one-timer to retake the lead 2-1. What became a trend in the game was Aberdeen rallying, and they would do so in the second period to tie the game at two goals apiece.
Austin would take their third lead of the night, a Joe Winkelmann power-play goal, but that's where the lamp-lighting ended for Austin. Aberdeen knocked in the next four and took the victory.
The Bruins registered a season-high 100 penalty minutes with two 10-minute misconducts and three 20-minute misconducts. Aberdeen had their fair share of penalties as well, racking up 34 total minutes. Each team converted 50% of their power-play opportunities with Austin going 2-for-4 and Aberdeen going 4-for-8.
The two teams will be back at it Saturday at Riverside Arena, an encore that is set up to be filled with action. Tickets are on sale at all the Bruins vendors including Games People Play, Hy-Vee, Holiday Inn, and Jim's Marketplace.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Bulls Fall 5-3 to Odessa - Amarillo Bulls
- Pilots Drop Series Opener to Brahmas, 4-2 - Topeka Pilots
- Bruins Doubled up by Aberdeen, 6-3 - Austin Bruins
- Merrell Nets Two in 5-0 Win over Maryland - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Tomahawks Win Rough Affair - Maryland Black Bears
- Kasparaitis, Kennedy Suit up for Charity Game vs. Johnstown Warriors - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Brahmas Notebook: January 11-12 vs. Topeka - Lone Star Brahmas
- Quick Hits: NAHL Game 34 Preview - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Wings Travel to Austin for 1 vs. 2 Match up in the NAHL Central Division - Aberdeen Wings
- Steel Embark on Alaska Road Trip - Chippewa Steel
- Home Cooking - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bruins Stories
- Bruins Overpowered By Minotauros, 5-2
- Bruins Mute Minotauros at Riverside Arena, 2-1
- Kyle McClellan Makes Commitment to Mercyhurst University
- Close Game Goes the Way of Bismarck, Bruins Fall 3-2 in Shootout
- Bruins Acquire Forward Ben Almquist from USHL Cedar Rapids