Broncos Sign Fifth Overall Import Draft Pick Rayan Bettahar
Swift Current, Sask. - The Swift Current Broncos announced today that they have signed 2004-born German defenceman Rayan Bettahar to a Standard Player Agreement. He was selected fifth overall in the 2021 CHL Import Draft June 30.
Bettahar, born in Poland, was limited to just three games of league action during the 20-21 season posting an assist for the Jungadler Mannheim U20 team.
During the 2019-20 campaign Bettahar scored five goals and added 25 assists in 35 games for the Jungadler Mannheim U17 program.
The 6'1'', 194-pound defenceman represented Germany at the 2021 World U18 Championships in Texas earlier this year.
Bettahar, the first German player ever selected by the Broncos in the CHL Import Draft, will join his new team on the ice for training camp in September.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 26, 2021
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Forward Cole Fonstad to an AHL Contract with the Cleveland Monsters - Everett Silvertips
- Tyler Johnson to Bring Stanley Cup to Spokane Arena on July 29 - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Alumnus Cody McLeod Re-Signs in Iowa - Portland Winterhawks
- US Prospect Andrew Fan Signs with Tri-City - Tri-City Americans
- Hitmen Announce Contract Extensions for Hockey Operations Staff - Calgary Hitmen
- Broncos Sign Fifth Overall Import Draft Pick Rayan Bettahar - Swift Current Broncos
- Pair of Wheat Kings Get the NHL Call - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Swift Current Broncos Stories
- Broncos Rally But Fall 5-2 in Moose Jaw
- Broncos Drop Pre-Season Opener against Warriors
- Broncos Sign Connor Gabriel and Luke Mistelbacher to Standard Player Agreements
- Broncos Announce Covid-19 Protocols for Pre-Season Home Games
- Broncos Hire Matt Keillor as Assistant Coach