Broncos Claim Michael Farren off Waivers from Kelowna
SWIFT CURRENT, SK - The Swift Current Broncos announced today they have claimed 2000-born forward Michael Farren off waivers from the Kelowna Rockets.
Farren, from Richmond, British Columbia, is a four-year WHL veteran with 224 career games played. Initially undrafted into the WHL, Farren spent the first two seasons of his career with the Saskatoon Blades before being traded to the Rockets shortly after the 2018-19 season began.
In his 224 games Farren has scored 28 goals with 56 assists. His strongest offensive season came during the 2017-18 campaign when he scored 11 goals and 11 assists while playing under current Broncos head coach Dean Brockman in Saskatoon.
This past season Farren was limited to 41 games, but scored six goals and 14 assists for the Rockets.
Farren will begin the 2020-21 season playing close to home, as he will suit up for the Pacific Junior Hockey League's Delta Ice Hawks until WHL training camps begin.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from November 2, 2020
- Seth Jarvis Named to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Portland Winterhawks
- Three Winterhawks Recognized by NHL Central Scouting - Portland Winterhawks
- Broncos Claim Michael Farren off Waivers from Kelowna - Swift Current Broncos
- Rockets loan Comrie to Saints - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Swift Current Broncos Stories
- Broncos Sign Karson King to WHL Standard Player Agreement
- Twelve Broncos Alumni Open up 2020-21 NHL Training Camps
- Broncos Make Donation to Southwest Newcomer Welcome Centre Following T's for Toys Initiative
- Broncos Acquire Defenceman Cayde Augustine from Moose Jaw
- Prospect Profile: Devin Aubin