Brittney Griner Records 12th Career Dunk; One Lucky Fan to Win $7,000
PHOENIX - Five-time WNBA All-Star and 2014 WNBA Champion Brittney Griner tonight recorded a dunk in the Mercury's game against the Dallas Wings. It was the 12th regular-season dunk of Griner's career and her second one this season (June 14 vs. Los Angeles). She now accounts for 12 of the WNBA's 15 all-time regular-season dunks.
The dunk came with 4:20 remaining in the first quarter.
As part of the BG Dunks promotion for the 2019 season, one lucky fan will now win $7,000 following Griner's dunk this evening. The lucky fan will be randomly selected and notified next week. Fans are still able to register to win by visiting phoenixmercury.com/BGDunks. Fans who register will be eligible to win $7,000 for every dunk Griner records in a home game this season.
After coming within one win of trip to the WNBA Finals, the Phoenix Mercury return in 2019 in search of a league-record tying fourth WNBA title. Led by the All-Star trio of Diana Taurasi, Brittney Griner and DeWanna Bonner, Phoenix continues its title quest on August 14 against Connecticut. Tickets for the Mercury's next home game on Wednesday, August 14 against the Connecticut Sun, and the remaining six home games, at Talking Stick Resort Arena can be purchased by calling 602.252.WNBA or by visiting PhoenixMercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 10, 2019
- Aces Host Front-Running Connecticut, Sunday, on ESPN2 as Playoff Race Tightens - Las Vegas Aces
- Brittney Griner Records 12th Career Dunk; One Lucky Fan to Win $7,000 - Phoenix Mercury
- Strong Fourth Quarter Leads Fever Past Dream 87-82 - Indiana Fever
- Aces Can't Complete Comeback, Fall to Sky, 87-84 - Las Vegas Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.