Brianna Pinto, Kiki Pickett, and Diana Ordoñez Named to U-23 Women's National Team Roster
CARY, NC - The North Carolina Courage announced today that Brianna Pinto, Kiki Pickett, and Diana Ordoñez have been called into the U-23 Women's National Team January camp. The camp will take place in Austin, TX from January 23-29.
Pinto, a midfielder, was acquired from NJ/NY Gotham FC in December 2021 for $125,000 of allocation money. A standout player at the University of North Carolina and a third overall pick in the 2021 NWSL Draft, Pinto collected 73 total appearances, scoring 31 goals and assisting 19, later picking up three consecutive All-ACC selections in three seasons with the Tar Heels. The Durham native was named a finalist for the Mac Hermann Trophy in 2021 and a semifinalist for the award in 2019, also earning the title of US Soccer Young Female Player of the Year that same year.
Selected by Kansas City fourth overall in the 2021 NWSL Draft, Kiki Pickett was acquired in a trade with the Current in November 2021. The defender appeared in sixteen matches for the Current last season, clocking 1,244 minutes of playing time and earning a nomination for NWSL Rookie of the Year. She posted 30 clearances, two blocks, and 30 interceptions, maintaining a 65.5% passing accuracy rate and collecting ten key passes. The 22-year-old is a Stanford alum, winning two NCAA Championship titles and three Pac-12 Championship titles while with the Cardinal, and was also named the Pac-12 Defender of the Year.
Diana Ordoñez was selected by the Courage sixth overall in the 2022 NWSL Draft, a powerful forward hailing from the University of Virginia. A Prosper, TX native, Ordoñez scored 45 goals, 15 of those being game-winners, and tallied 102 points for the Cavaliers. In her freshman and junior year, Ordoñez led the ACC in goals. Indicative of her talents, the forward was named a 2021 MAC Hermann Trophy semifinalist, a 2021 All-American by United Soccer Coaches, and was thrice named to the ACC Championship All-Tournament Team.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from January 13, 2022
- Morgan Weaver Added to U.S. Women's National Team January Training Camp Roster - Portland Thorns FC
- Morgan Gautrat Joins United States Women's National Team Training Camp - Chicago Red Stars
- Houston Dash Trade Rights to Forward Veronica Latsko to OL Reign - Houston Dash
- The FBA, NWSL Enter Educational Partnership - NWSL
- OL Reign Acquire Rights to Veronica Latsko in Trade with Houston - OL Reign
- Brianna Pinto, Kiki Pickett, and Diana Ordoñez Named to U-23 Women's National Team Roster - North Carolina Courage
- Two Kansas City Current Draft Picks Named to U.S. Under-23 Women's Youth National Team for Training Camp January 23-28 - Kansas City Current
- Dickey, Ivory and Malonson Called up to United States Under-23 Women's Youth National Team for January Camp - OL Reign
- NJ/NY Gotham FC Adds to Executive Ranks - NJ/NY Gotham FC
- Dash Assistant Coach Twila Kilgore (Kaufman) Will Run Upcoming U.S. Under-23 Women's Youth National Team Training Camp - Houston Dash
- Michelle Alozie and Jane Campbell Team up for Equipment Donation in Nigeria - Houston Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina Courage Stories
- Courage Fall to League-Leading Wave FC
- Courage Partner with Governor's Institute, Joining Battle against Opioid Epidemic
- Courage Host San Diego Wave FC for First Time Sunday
- Courage Announce Merz Aesthetics as New Back of Jersey Sponsor
- Courage Bested by Pride at Home Wednesday Night