The FBA, NWSL Enter Educational Partnership
January 13, 2022 - National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) News Release
CHICAGO - The Football Business Academy and the National Women's Soccer League have entered into an agreement that will see the Swiss educational institution collaborate with the top US league.
"We are excited to work with the FBA and their students. We hope their passion for women's sport will translate into new thinking and projects to collaborate on. We look forward to welcoming their students to the NWSL."
-Mitch Poll, Chief Revenue Officer, NWSL
"We are delighted to welcome NWSL into The FBA Family. Developing the women's game has been a key consideration since our inception, which is why partnering with the world's premier women's league is a proud moment indeed. Our agreement will open up exciting opportunities to expand horizons and take advantage of clear synergies between the NWSL, our Candidates, and The FBA's wider network."
-Kristian Dobrev, Chief Partnerships Officer, The FBA
The Football Business Academy is pleased to make official its partnership with the NWSL, widely regarded as the top professional women's football league in the world. It is also the first women's league to partner with The FBA, with the Ukrainian Premier League and Latvian Virsliga having done so previously on the men's side.
Thanks to their wide variety in skills and interests, as well as their academic and professional backgrounds, FBA Candidates will be able to support NWSL by doing internships and Student Business Projects. For the NWSL, this represents an opportunity to capture new ideas and perspectives which is further enhanced thanks to the high-level education FBA Candidates receive during their Professional Master in Football Business studies.
"We're excited to be working with The FBA. This mutually beneficial partnership will give students a comprehensive, real-world experience within the sports industry while allowing us to apply what they've learned at the academy to continuing growing and improving our league across the board."
- Aries Pickett, Senior Manager of Talent and Administration, NWSL
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from January 13, 2022
- Morgan Weaver Added to U.S. Women's National Team January Training Camp Roster - Portland Thorns FC
- Morgan Gautrat Joins United States Women's National Team Training Camp - Chicago Red Stars
- Houston Dash Trade Rights to Forward Veronica Latsko to OL Reign - Houston Dash
- The FBA, NWSL Enter Educational Partnership - NWSL
- OL Reign Acquire Rights to Veronica Latsko in Trade with Houston - OL Reign
- Brianna Pinto, Kiki Pickett, and Diana Ordoñez Named to U-23 Women's National Team Roster - North Carolina Courage
- Two Kansas City Current Draft Picks Named to U.S. Under-23 Women's Youth National Team for Training Camp January 23-28 - Kansas City Current
- Dickey, Ivory and Malonson Called up to United States Under-23 Women's Youth National Team for January Camp - OL Reign
- NJ/NY Gotham FC Adds to Executive Ranks - NJ/NY Gotham FC
- Dash Assistant Coach Twila Kilgore (Kaufman) Will Run Upcoming U.S. Under-23 Women's Youth National Team Training Camp - Houston Dash
- Michelle Alozie and Jane Campbell Team up for Equipment Donation in Nigeria - Houston Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.