Brewers Sign Sigman
O'FALLON, MO - River City Rascals closer Jackson Sigman has had his contract purchased by the Milwaukee Brewers, the team announced on Wednesday. Sigman becomes the first Rascals player acquired by a Major League organization this season, and the first in-season pick-up since 2017, when outfielder Jimmy Kerrigan was inked by the Minnesota Twins. He will report to the (RK) Rocky Mountain Vibes of the Pioneer League.
"I'm thrilled for Sigman and this opportunity for his career," said Rascals manager Steve Brook. "I wish him the best in his future with the Brewers."
Sigman said the following of his time with the Rascals,
"River City re-established my passion for the game and gave me an opportunity to prove myself. I am grateful for Steve and the rest of the coaching staff for putting me in positions to succeed and facilitate the environment to accomplish my goals."
At the time of the signing, the right-hander had recorded seven saves, leading the Frontier League in the category. The 24-year old made 11 appearances for the Rascals this season, his second year with the club after being signed in late July of 2018 after starting the season with the Wichita Wingnuts of the American Association. In 11 2/3 innings, he recorded 18 strikeouts and only four walks, while amassing a 0.77 ERA. Sigman previously spent time in the Kansas City Royals organization, after being picked up during his rookie season while pitching for the Gateway Grizzlies in 2017. He played collegiately at West Virginia University.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Browns Drop Finale to Senators - Gateway Grizzlies
- Florence Sweeps Schaumburg for Sixth Consecutive Win - Florence Y'alls
- Big Inning Leads Miners To Sweep Of Wild Things - Southern Illinois Miners
- Crushers Score in 9th to Beat Slammers 4-3, Win Series 2-1. - Joliet Slammers
- ThunderBolts Fall in Finale at Evansville - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Eight-Run Second Inning Proves Costly for Washington in Finale at SIL - Washington Wild Things
- Boomers Swept in Kentucky - Schaumburg Boomers
- Brewers Sign Sigman - River City Rascals
- Colt World Series Tickets on Sale Now - Southern Illinois Miners
- Motte and Robinson Added to Legends Game - River City Rascals
- Crushers Win Rain Shortened Contest - Lake Erie Crushers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.