Brad Barone Returned from ECHL Greenville
ROANOKE, VA - The Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs announced on Monday that goaltender Brad Barone has been returned from loan to the ECHL's Greenville Swamp Rabbits. Additionally, goaltender Jacob Caffrey has been placed on waivers.
Barone was called up to Greenville on February 27 and played in three games for the Swamp Rabbits. He went 0-1-2 and made a combined 100 saves in his three starts. Barone stopped 40 of 43 shots faced in his first career ECHL start on March 2, a 3-2 overtime loss to the Florida Everblades.
The reigning SPHL Player of the Month, Barone is 11-10-2 with a 2.94 goals against average and a league-leading .920 save percentage over 27 games with the Dawgs. In the month of February, he went 5-0-1 with a 1.51 GAA and .953 save percentage in six appearances.
Caffrey appeared in one game in relief for the Dawgs and made one save on one shot faced.
The Rail Yard Dawgs hit the ice at home on Thursday night against the Macon Mayhem. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05 PM at Berglund Center.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from March 12, 2018
- Birmingham Bulls, Giant Killers - Birmingham Bulls
- Brad Barone Returned from ECHL Greenville - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Mayhem Week at a Glance: Mayhem Hit Road for Three-in-Three - Macon Mayhem
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs Stories
- Rookie Forward Ben Greiner Signed to Amateur Tryout
- Dawgs Beaten by Birmingham, 6-1
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (22-22-4) at Bulls (21-22-5)
- Mayhem Sneak Past Rail Yard Dawgs, 5-4
- Rail Yard Dawgs Game Notes: Rail Yard Dawgs (22-21-4) vs Mayhem (26-16-5)