Bouchard Ties League Record In Victory
LANCASTER, Calif. - Sean Bouchard tied a California League record with four doubles Saturday night as Lancaster beat Lake Elsinore, 6-3, at The Hangar. Bouchard doubled in each of his four at-bats, becoming the 15th player in league history to hit four doubles in a game.
Bouchard's first double came in the second inning. Lancaster (16-14) scored in the first inning on a Luis Castro sacrifice fly, and Bouchard would score the team's second run on a double play an inning later.
He also doubled in the third and fifth innings. He led off the eighth inning, taking a 3-1 pitch from J.C. Cosme into right-center field for his fourth double of the game. Bouchard is the first Cal League player to hit four doubles in a game since Stockton's Stephen Parker in 2010.
Lake Elsinore (12-18) did all their damage in the third inning. Esteury Ruiz hit a three-run home run to give the Storm a brief lead, 3-2. The Storm loaded the bases later in the inning, but Matt Dennis didn't allow any more runs.
The JetHawks took the lead back in the bottom of the third inning on a three-run home run of their own. With two on and two men out, Matt McLaughlin took a 0-2 pitch from Tom Cosgrove (1-4) over the fence in left field. Lancaster went back in front on McLaughlin's first home run of the year.
Lancaster added a run in the fourth inning on a Carlos Herrera sacrifice fly, and the pitching did the rest. Matt Dennis (2-2) allowed just the three runs in five innings. Kenny Koplove pitched three scoreless innings in his JetHawks debut. Salvador Justo worked a scoreless ninth for his first save of the season.
With the win, the JetHawks are two games above .500 for the second time this year. They've won six of nine games against Lake Elsinore, and have a chance to sweep the Storm Sunday.
The series wraps up Sunday afternoon. Antonio Santos (1-1) gets the start for Lancaster, while top pitching prospect MacKenzie Gore (2-0) takes the hill for the Storm. First pitch at The Hangar is 2:05 pm.
JetHawks single game tickets, group tickets, ticket packages and season tickets are on sale now. Visit jethawks.com or call (661) 726-5400 for more information.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from May 5, 2019
- Visalia Busts Open Tight Game with Big Sixth Inning - Inland Empire 66ers
- Los Toros de Visalia Sweep Los Cucuys de San Bernardino in Three-Game Series - Visalia Rawhide
- Offense Shines in 9-3 Win over Nuts - Stockton Ports
- JetHawks Nearly No-Hit in Sunday Defeat - Lancaster JetHawks
- Giants Hold off Quakes on Sunday - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- Nuts Fall to Ports in Extra Innings - Modesto Nuts
- Six-Run Sixth Inning Pushes Los Toros Past Los Cucuys - Visalia Rawhide
- Ports Edge Nuts 4-3 in Extras - Stockton Ports
- Bouchard Ties League Record In Victory - Lancaster JetHawks
- Quakes Win Again in San Jose - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.