Boston Reassigns Vladar to Gladiators
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators announced Wednesday that the Boston Bruins of the NHL have reassigned goaltender Dan Vladar to the team from the Providence Bruins of the AHL.
Vladar, 20, made one start for the P-Bruins during his second stop of the season in the AHL. The former 3rd Round pick (75th overall) of the Boston Bruins in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft made 31 saves in a 1-0 loss to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Friday, November 3rd, his first regulation defeat of his AHL career. Vladar has appeared in three games for the Gladiators thus far where the Czech netminder has earned a 2-1 record. In his last start with the Glads, the 6-foot-5, 210-pound goalie made 36 saves in Atlanta's 4-2 win over the Solar Bears in Orlando on October 29th.
The Gladiators also announced the team has released goaltender Sean Bonar from his standard professional contract and he will report back to the Pensacola Ice Flyers of the SPHL. Vladar has joined the team in Norfolk, VA and will be in the lineup for Wednesday's contest against the Admirals.
The Atlanta Gladiators 15th Anniversary season continues at the Infinite Energy Arena on Thursday, November 16th against the Orlando Solar Bears at 7:05 PM. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the North America's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 10,867-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
For all the latest team news, contests, and more visit AtlantaGladiators.com, or "like" the Gladiators on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AtlantaGladiators), follow the team on Twitter (www.twitter.com/ATLGladiators), Instagram (www.instagram.com/atlgladiators) or Snapchat (www.snapchat.com) at "gladshockey".
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 8, 2017
- Nailers Receive Three Players from WBS Penguins - Wheeling Nailers
- Solar Bears Acquire Logan Nelson from Norfolk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Trade Forward Nelson to Orlando - Norfolk Admirals
- Bobby Orr and Derek Sanderson to drop first puck on Veteranâ??s Day Appreciation Night - Worcester Railers HC
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Boston Reassigns Vladar to Gladiators - Atlanta Gladiators
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Jacksonville Bests Beast on School Day - Brampton Beast
- Daly Reassigned to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Mallards Acquire Netminder Komm from Idaho - Quad City Mallards
- 2017 Kotak Law Military Appreciation Day Details Announced - Brampton Beast
- Worcester Railers HC Announce New Community Initiative - Worcester Railers HC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.