Boston Celtics Recall Demetrius Jackson
PORTLAND, Maine - The Maine Red Claws, presented by Unum, announced today that the Boston Celtics have recalled rookie point guard Demetrius Jackson back to Boston. Jackson played for Maine in last night's win over Canton at the NBA D-League Showcase in Mississauga, Ontario, scoring 18 points and grabbing 5 rebounds in the win.
Jackson was a 2nd Round (45th overall) selection by the Boston Celtics in the 2016 NBA Draft. Jackson has played in 17 games for the Red Claws this season, and is averaging 17.9 points, 4.8 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game.
The Red Claws return to the Portland Expo for two games against Greensboro next Friday and Saturday, January 27-28. Both games are scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased by calling 207-210-6655 or visiting MaineRedClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 20, 2017
- Austin Shines in Victory over Northern Arizona at Showcase - Austin Spurs
- 87ers Stave off Swarm, Finish Showcase 2-0 - G League
- Trio Leads Iowa to Victory on Day Three of D-League Showcase - G League
- Energy Surges Late to Put out Stars - G League
- Boston Celtics Recall Demetrius Jackson - Maine Red Claws
- Knicks Rally for Comeback Win Over Bayhawks - Westchester Knicks
- Knicks Knock off BayHawks to Open Day Three of Showcase - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.