Bootland's Goal in Overtime Lifts Allen to 4-3 Win at NYTEX
Fort Worth, Texas - Saturday night was the second of three games in three days at the NYTEX Sports Center for the Allen Americans and Fort Worth Brahmas as their regular season Metroplex Rivalry comes to a close on Sunday afternoon at the Allen Event Center. Friday night saw a decisive victory for the Brahmas, defeating Allen 5-2 and climbing to within 4 points of Allen, although the Americans still have one game in hand. The regular season series now stands at 8-7 in favor of Allen.
The opening period saw good action at both ends but neither team was able to find the back of the net and remained deadlocked 0-0 as well as in shots on goal at 10-10.
Allen broke the scoreless tie at the 2:12 mark of the middle frame when Tyler Ludwig one-timed a shot into the Fort Worth net for his 10th goal of the year, assists went to Jason Deitsch and Adam Pineault. The Brahmas answered back to bring the game level when Tomas Klempa scored at 7:41, assisted by Ross Rouleau and Phil Fox. Then Darryl Bootland netted his 21st goal of the season for Allen's second power play goal and second lead of the game at 11:43, assisted by Tyler Ludwig and Adam Pineault. Fort Worth answered back again to tie the game, this time during a 5-on-3 power play on a goal scored by Ross Rouleau, assisted by Tomas Klempa and Austin Mayer at 16:59. Fort Worth held the edge on shots in the period by a 13-9 count and for a two period total of 23-19.
Tomas Klempa broke the deadlock at 12:14, with a shorthanded marker assisted by Cole Ruwe. Allen tied the game again, just 20 seconds later on a blast by Trevor Hendrikx from the point, assisted by Darryl Bootland. The pair of goals were the only ones scored for the remainder of regulation with Allen leading in shots on goal in the period 8-5 and trailing by one through three periods of play, 28-27.
Overtime didn't last long as Darryl Bootland lit the lamp for the second time in the evening just 21 seconds in, assisted by Kale Kerbashian.
The Americans record now stands at 37-15-9 and they remain in first place in the Central Hockey League standings with a game in hand over second place Wichita and third place Fort Worth.
The Americans head home to take on the Fort Worth Brahmas on Sunday afternoon at the Allen Event Center with the puck drop scheduled for 4:05PM.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2013
- Americans Lose Tight One to Fort Worth - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats One Point Away from Playoffs with 7-1 Win - Denver Cutthroats
- Special Teams Big in Brahmas' 4-3 Win over Allen - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Blaze Playoff Hopes Dim in Loss to Cutthroats - Bloomington Blaze
- Murray, Mallards Blank Missouri 6-0; Magic Number Shrinks to One - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Blanked by Mallards, 6-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspension - CHL
- Americans vs Brahmas Today - Allen Americans
- Sundogs Drop Game to Thunder in Shootout, 4-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Bootland's Goal in Overtime Lifts Allen to 4-3 Win at NYTEX - Allen Americans
- Thunder Gut out Shootout Win in Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Steal 4-3 Shootout Win from Oilers - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Earn Single Point in Shootout Loss to Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Brahmas Fall to Americans in Overtime - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Earn Playoff Berth in 3-1 Win over Mallards - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.