Americans Lose Tight One to Fort Worth
Allen, Texas - The Fort Worth Brahmas defeated the Allen Americans 4-3 on Sunday night at Allen Event Center in the final regular season game between the two teams.
The Americans came out strong and would get on the board first with Adam Pineault shooting one over Fogal's right shoulder from Jarret Lukin and Drew Daniels. But at 17:11 in the first Fort Worth would tie it on the power play with Austin Mayer putting one past Dell, Calin Wild and Taylor McReynolds were given the assists.
Mike Montgomery would give Allen the 2-1 lead going into the first intermission on a pass from Adam Pineault and Jarret Lukin. Allen would lead shots on goal 12-7 after one period.
Fort Worth would tie the game for the second time with Sy Nutkevitch scoring a short-handed goal on a pass from Cole Ruwe. They would then take the 3-2 lead at 18:05 just 6 seconds into their power play with a goal from Phil Fox, assisted by John Snowden and Ross Rouleau with Allen leading shots on goal 16-9 at the end of the second.
Fort Worth would keep their lead throughout the third even with Allen having several great chances. Calin Wild would extend the Brahmas lead to 4-2 from Austin Mayer and Eric Tallent at 8:27 in the third. The Americans would make a push to try and tie the game before the buzzer but were only able to score one more goal from Todd Robinson in his first game as an American assisted by Jamie Schaafsma.
The Americans are back home on Tuesday night at 7:05 pm against the Wichita Thunder. Call 972-912-1000 for ticket information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2013
- Americans Lose Tight One to Fort Worth - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats One Point Away from Playoffs with 7-1 Win - Denver Cutthroats
- Special Teams Big in Brahmas' 4-3 Win over Allen - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Blaze Playoff Hopes Dim in Loss to Cutthroats - Bloomington Blaze
- Murray, Mallards Blank Missouri 6-0; Magic Number Shrinks to One - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Blanked by Mallards, 6-0 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Central Hockey League Announces Suspension - CHL
- Americans vs Brahmas Today - Allen Americans
- Sundogs Drop Game to Thunder in Shootout, 4-3 - Arizona Sundogs
- Bootland's Goal in Overtime Lifts Allen to 4-3 Win at NYTEX - Allen Americans
- Thunder Gut out Shootout Win in Arizona - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Steal 4-3 Shootout Win from Oilers - Rapid City Rush
- Oilers Earn Single Point in Shootout Loss to Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Brahmas Fall to Americans in Overtime - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Earn Playoff Berth in 3-1 Win over Mallards - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.