Boomers Beat Weather and Slammers
SCHAUMBURG, IL - The defending Frontier League champion Schaumburg Boomers, presented by Wintrust Community Banks, waited through an early rain delay of nearly two hours and plated two runs in the bottom of the ninth to walk-off with a 3-2 win over the Joliet Slammers on Tuesday night.
Trailing 2-1 entering the bottom of the ninth, Zack Weigel led off with a single against Joliet closer Keegan Long. Weigel advanced to second and then to third on a pair of wild pitches before scoring the tying run on the third wild pitch of the inning. Jack Parenty handed Schaumburg a sixth walk-off win of the season by singling through a drawn in infield to knock in Clint Hardy. The Boomers opened the scoring in the second when Weigel crossed on a groundout from James Keller but Joliet netted two unearned runs in the fifth to grab a 2-1 lead.
Payton Lobdell started for the Boomers and worked 5.1 innings without allowing an earned run. Mitch Schulewitz grabbed the win in relief. Schaumburg overcame a season high four errors. Weigel, Parenty and Ty Moore all tallied two hits in the game that was delayed by 1:58 just three batters into the evening.
The Boomers (21-18) will have a quick turnaround with an 11:00 a.m. contest against the Slammers om Day Camps Day. RHP Joe Hauser (3-2, 2.64) is slated to make the start. Make the Boomers part of your plans this summer by calling (847) 461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 27, 2018
- Roth Wins 100th Game as Crushers Split Doubleheader - Lake Erie Crushers
- Thrilling Comeback Earns Bums Split in Doubleheader - Traverse City Beach Bums
- Otters Split Afternoon Doubleheader against Gateway - Evansville Otters
- Grizzlies Split Doubleheader in Evansville - Gateway Grizzlies
- Matt Portland Signs with White Sox - Normal CornBelters
- Joliet Swings Past Boomers in Middle Game - Schaumburg Boomers
- Wild Things Drop Middle Game of Series to Windy City - Washington Wild Things
- ThunderBolts Hold off Washington for 6-4 Win - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Iriart's Two Home Runs Lift Normal in Series Opener - Normal CornBelters
- Boomers Beat Weather and Slammers - Schaumburg Boomers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.