Bombers Fall in Regular Season Home Finale
Bryan/College Station, TX - The Bombers were unable to end the home portion of the regular season on a high note as they fell to Acadiana 4-3. The Bombers were able to set the single season TCL steals record tonight as a positive note for the team to focus on heading to a pivotal road series against Victoria to determine who will have home field advantage in the TCL playoffs.
The Bombers did jump out to an early lead in the second as Dylan Bohnert drove in Alex Nielsen to give the Bombers the early 1-0 lead. The Cane Cutters did answer back in the 3rd inning to tie the score. The visitors then took the lead in the 4th inning after a two run home run made the score 3-1.
The Bombers would respond in the bottom half of the inning, scoring one run on a Zach Iverson double to narrow the margin to 3-2. The Bombers again chipped away at lead, scoring the tying run on a DJ Petrinsky sacrifice fly in the 5th inning, knotting the score at 3 apiece. Unfortunately, the Cane Cutters struck again in the 7th inning, as they took a 4-3 lead they would not relinquish.
The Bombers finish the regular season against the Victoria Generals in a matchup that will determine the overall standings champs and who will have home field advantage in the post season. The Bombers will host the first round of the playoffs on August 8th at Travis Field at 7:05. Tickets for the 2018 TCL Playoffs are on sale now at bvbombers.com.
For tickets and information on how to see the Bombers 2018 season, please call (979) 779-PLAY, or go to www.bvbombers.com. To follow all upcoming news and developments for the Brazos Valley Bombers, follow or like us on facebook.com/bvbombers, and follow us on Twitter: @BV_Bombers and Instagram: bvbombersbaseball. A special thanks to our franchise partners Cognizant, Sterling Auto, Jones & Associates, and Baylor Scott & White.
Images from this story
Brazos Valley Bombers prepare to deliver a pitch
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from August 4, 2018
- Generals Win to Split Series with Twins - Victoria Generals
- Cane Cutters Split Series against Bombers - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Twins Fall in Regular Season Finale - Texarkana Twins
- Bombers Fall in Regular Season Home Finale - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Twins Clinch Spot in 2018 Playoffs - Texarkana Twins
- Twins Walk off against Victoria to Clinch Playoff Berth - Texarkana Twins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Brazos Valley Bombers Stories
- Bombers Rake in the TCL Post-Season Awards After Their Championship Season
- Bombers Bring TCL Championship Back to the Brazos Valley
- Bombers Set to Take on Texarkana Twins Tuesday at Travis Field
- Bombers Throttle Twins in Regular Season Finale on Texas Night
- Bombers Defeat Generals on Strike out Cancer Night