Cane Cutters Split Series against Bombers
BRYAN, Tx. - In the last away game of the regular season, the Acadiana Cane Cutters split the series 4-3 against the Brazos Valley Bombers.
The Cutters got on the board in the third inning after Ragin' Cajun Alex Hannie (ULL) was hit by a pitch to reach base. Mason Corbett (Texas A&M) then hit a double off the first pitch, moving Hannie to third and bringing Rhett McCall (Lamar University) up to the plate. McCall delivered a sacrifice to bring in Hannie for his first run of the night.
Third baseman Chandler Morris (Texas A&M) doubled to start off the fourth inning. Cole Taylor (Texas A&M) followed with a two-run homer to score his Aggie teammate to tie the game.
The Cutters took the lead in the seventh when McCall hit an RBI single to once again score Hannie.
Brice Armistead (Blinn College) got the win, pitching two scoreless innings in relief and delivering two strikeouts. Kyle Bayles (Mississippi State) got the save with four strikeouts.
The Cutters will be back at Fabacher Field again tomorrow (8/5) against the Texas Marshals. It will be Strikeout Cancer Night! The Cane Cutters will be wearing custom jerseys with the names of people who are battling or have battled cancer on them! Gates open at 6 PM and first pitch is at 7 PM for all home games. To get weekly updates on the team and other fun theme nights coming up, please visit our website and subscribe to our newsletter.
Come cheer on the Cane Cutters as they work to reach the TCL Championship for the 4th consecutive season. For more information and ticket needs call the Cane Cutters front office at (337) 451-6582 or go to canecuttersbaseball.com. For all news, stats, weather updates, and discounts for the 2018 season follow the Cane Cutters on Facebook at Acadiana Cane Cutters Baseball, Twitter @CaneCuttersBB, and Instagram at Acadiana_CaneCutters.
Images from this story
Acadiana Cane Cutters Lay down a Bunt
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from August 4, 2018
- Generals Win to Split Series with Twins - Victoria Generals
- Cane Cutters Split Series against Bombers - Acadiana Cane Cutters
- Twins Fall in Regular Season Finale - Texarkana Twins
- Bombers Fall in Regular Season Home Finale - Brazos Valley Bombers
- Twins Clinch Spot in 2018 Playoffs - Texarkana Twins
- Twins Walk off against Victoria to Clinch Playoff Berth - Texarkana Twins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Acadiana Cane Cutters Stories
- Acadiana Cane Cutters Dominate Top Awards in the Texas Collegiate League
- Acadiana Falls to Victoria in Championship
- Cane Cutters Will Play for Championship Tomorrow Night
- Cane Cutters One Win Away from TCL Championship
- Cane Cutters Advance to TCL Championship