Boise Hawks Opening Homestand Begins Wednesday
BOISE, ID - The Boise Hawks will begin their first homestand of the season this Wednesday, June 22 against the Tri-City Dust Devils. The homestand will consist of two series, the first a three-game set with the Dust Devils (1-2), followed by another three games against the Spokane Indians (2-1). The Hawks (1-2) will return home for Opening Night this Wednesday after starting the season on the road with a five-game set in Eugene, Oregon.
Opening Night will feature both a giveaway and post-game entertainment. The Hawks will be handing out a limited number of 25th Anniversary Hawks caps, courtesy of Les Schwab, with fireworks to follow the game. Fans can also enjoy post-game fireworks on Friday, courtesy of Commuteride. REGGY the Purple Party Dude will Dude will also be making his first appearance of the season during this Saturday's game.
Boise will look to even their record tonight, after dropping their first and third games of the season to the Eugene Emeralds (2-1). Willengton Cruz will toe the rubber tonight in Eugene as he makes his Hawks debut. The Hawks did get a stellar outing from RHP Yao-Lin Wang in their first win of the season Saturday night. Yang hurled five shutout innings, allowing just two hits while fanning five.
Boise's bat erupted in Saturday's 10-2 victory. SS Wes Darvill and Boise's newest backstop, Chad Noble both cashed in on two-run doubles. Darvill leads the team with three RBI. RF Reggie Golden and DH Ben Klafczynski's joined in the hit parade with RBI singles of their own. The Hawks will look to return home with a record above .500 as they complete their series in Eugene.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from June 20, 2011
- Canadians Score Late to Take Game, Series - Yakima Bears
- Boise Hawks Opening Homestand Begins Wednesday - Boise Hawks
- Dust Devils Fall in Extra-Inning Thriller - Tri-City Dust Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Boise Hawks Stories
- Minor League Baseball Announces Cancellation of 2020 Season for All Leagues
- The Park at Memorial Stadium Opens Friday, May 22
- Boise Hawks Launch "Treasure Valley Hometown Heroes"
- Boise Hawks Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Boise Hawks Release 2020 Promotional Schedule