BlueClaws Take Home Phillies Monthly Minor League Awards
The BlueClaws swept the Phillies minor league montly awards for June, with Rodolfo Duran, David Parkinson, and Daniel Brito taking home honors for Phillies Minor League Hitter, Pitcher, and Defender of the Month.
Duran, 20, hit .397 in June, going 27-68, with six doubles, seven home runs, and 15 RBIs plus a 1.298 OPS. He homered in three straight games from June 27-29 and was just the fourth BlueClaw (Darick Hall in 2017, Jose Pujols in 2016, and Jim Murphy in 2011) to do so in the last 10 seasons.
Parkinson, a 22 year old from Ole MIss, gave up one earned run in 24 innings over four June starts. He struck out 35 and walked five and held opponents to a .153 batting average. Parkinson threw seven scoreless innings with a career-high 11 strikeouts in the BlueClaws win over Hickory on Father's Day that put the BlueClaws in the post-season.
Brito, 20, did not commit an error in his first 20 games at second base last month. He has been a part of 53 double plays turned this year. The BlueClaws have turned 77 as a team, most in the South Atlantic League. Brito shared Defender ofthe Month with Clearwater's Luke Williams, who spent 2017 with the BlueClaws.
The BlueClaws will return home on Wednesday for a seven game homestand. Tickets for all 2018 BlueClaws games are available by calling 732-901-7000 option 2 or online at BlueClaws.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 7, 2018
- Sotillet Shines in Complete Game Shutout - Lexington Legends
- 'Birds Blast Crawdads with Big Seventh - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Tetreault, Suns Hold Power to Two Hits in 4-2 Win - Hagerstown Suns
- Vasquez Vaults a Pair of Homers in Opener - Columbia Fireflies
- Kannapolis Gets Run in 10th to Top Claws 4-3 - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Czinege and Spanberger Combine for Eight Hits in Fifth Straight Win - Asheville Tourists
- RiverDogs Limit Columbia Rally to Take Series Opener - Charleston RiverDogs
- Tourists Slug Past Drive on Saturday - Greenville Drive
- Oneil Cruz Crushes 443-Foot Home Run in 4-2 Loss - West Virginia Power
- Game One Postponed in Rome - Augusta GreenJackets
- Rome Game Postponed - Rome Braves
- Lexington's Seuly Matias Selected to Prestigious Futures Game - Lexington Legends
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 7 vs. Charleston (Game 83) - Columbia Fireflies
- West Virginia Power: Game Notes (July 7) - West Virginia Power
- BlueClaws Take Home Phillies Monthly Minor League Awards - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Preview: Hoppers, Legends Square Off - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Legends Take Three-Game Series over Power - Lexington Legends
- Suns Fall 9-3 to Shorebirds on Friday - Hagerstown Suns
- Cruz's Walk-Off Single Lifts Power to Series Finale Win - West Virginia Power
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakewood BlueClaws Stories
- BlueClaws Charities Announces 2018 Grant Recipients
- Claws Fall 2-1 as Legends Take SAL Title
- Claws Fall 6-3 on Thursday as Legends Take 2-1 Series Lead
- Claws Fall 5-2; Legends Level Series at 1-1
- Comeback Claws Come from Five Down in Ninth, Win Game One 6-5 at Lexington