Blue Jays No. 2 Pitching Prospect Sem Robberse Joins Fisher Cats
HARTFORD, Conn. - The Toronto Blue Jays announced Monday that right-handed pitcher Sem Robberse has been promoted to the New Hampshire Fisher Cats from High-A Vancouver. He is scheduled to make his first Double-A start on the road Saturday at 6:05 p.m. against the Hartford Yard Goats.
The 20-year-old from the Netherlands made 24 starts with Vancouver over the past two seasons. In 17 outings this year, Robberse went 4-4 with a 3.12 ERA and struck out 78 batters while issuing just 24 walks. He was named the Northwest League Pitcher of the Week on May 29 after tossing seven scoreless innings at Hillsboro.
Robberse was signed as an international free agent on July 24, 2019. According to MLB Pipeline, he is the No. 6 overall prospect and No. 2 pitching prospect in the Blue Jays organization behind Ricky Tiedemann, who joined the Fisher Cats on August 5.
New Hampshire's roster now includes three of Toronto's top six prospects with infielder Orelvis Martinez (No. 2), Tiedemann (No. 3), and Robberse. The Fisher Cats also have three of the top five pitching prospects in the system with Tiedemann, Robberse, and Adam Kloffenstein (No. 5).
In an additional move, left-handed pitcher Jimmy Robbins was promoted to New Hampshire from Vancouver. He posted a 3.82 ERA in 10 games, nine starts, with the Canadians after beginning the season with Single-A Dunedin. Robbins struck out a career-high 11 batters in five scoreless innings against Everett on July 31.
A pair of corresponding moves will be announced prior to Tuesday's 7:05 p.m. game at Hartford.
The Fisher Cats return home for a six-game series against the Portland Sea Dogs (Boston Red Sox affiliate) beginning Tuesday, August 30, at 7:05 p.m. Tickets for all remaining games at Delta Dental Stadium are available at NHFisherCats.com, via email at email@example.com, by phone at (603) 641-2005, and in-person at the Fisher Cats box office on 1 Line Drive in Manchester.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 16, 2022
- Meyer 2 HR's Blast Ponies Past Squirrels in Series Opener - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Chaparro's Charge and Patriots' Pitching Overpowers Baysox in Bowie Opener - Somerset Patriots
- Yard Goats Fall Short Tuesday Night - Hartford Yard Goats
- Team Effort in Reading's 8-2 Win over Portland - Reading Fightin Phils
- Strong Bowie Pitching Not Enough on Tuesday - Bowie Baysox
- Eighth Inning Rally Sinks Sea Dogs in Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Ponies Score Eight Straight to Defeat Squirrels in Series Opener - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Big Seventh and Williams Strong Start Help Akron to 5-1 Win over Erie - Akron RubberDucks
- Ducks Take Series Opener over SeaWolves - Erie SeaWolves
- Curve and Senators Suspended on Tuesday Night - Altoona Curve
- Harrisburg Senators and Altoona Curve Suspended Tuesday Night - Harrisburg Senators
- August 16, 2022 Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Blue Jays No. 2 Pitching Prospect Sem Robberse Joins Fisher Cats - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Flying Squirrels, Richmond Raceway to Host 8th Annual Turn Left Golf Classic - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Hampshire Fisher Cats Stories
- Four 2022 Fisher Cats Added to Blue Jays 40-Man Roster
- 2022 Fisher Cat Zach Britton Shines in AFL Fall Stars Game
- Fisher Cats Unveil New Logo for Marvel's Defenders of the Diamond Series
- Fisher Cats Welcome New General Manager Michael Neis
- John Aiello Promoted to Triple-A Buffalo