Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Linebacker Kyrie Wilson
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with American linebacker Kyrie Wilson on a two-year contract extension. Wilson was scheduled to become a free agent in February.
Wilson (6-1, 216, Fresno State; born: November 5, 1992 in Fresno, CA) returns to the Bombers for a fourth season after originally signing with the club in 2017.
Wilson started all 18 regular season games and three playoff contests for the Blue Bombers in their 2019 Grey Cup season. Wilson finished third on the team in defensive plays, registering 63 defensive tackles and four special teams tackles along with three sacks, one interceptions, five pass knockdowns, three fumble recoveries and three tackles for losses.
Wilson dressed for six games over the 2017-18 seasons, making his debut in the 2017 Banjo Bowl and then appearing in five games a year later. He was first signed by the Bombers in April of 2017 after agreeing to a contract with the Oakland Raiders in 2016 as an undrafted free agent. Wilson was a three-year starter at Fresno State.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 13, 2021
- Riders Sign Kyran Moore to One-Year Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Stampeders Release Pffensive Lineman David Brown - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Add Punch; Sign Mike Tyson and Re-Sign Juwan Brescacin - Toronto Argonauts
- Lions Bolster Secondary with Addition of Anthony Cioffi on One-Year Deal - B.C. Lions
- Tiger-Cats Re-Sign CFL All-Star Offensive Lineman Revenberg - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- RedBlacks Re-Sign Global Players Jose Maltos and Guillermo Villalobos - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Linebacker Kyrie Wilson - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on One-Year Extension with Linebacker Jesse Briggs
- Blue Bombers Re-Sign Veteran Offensive Lineman Pat Neufeld
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on One-Year Extension with Defensive Back Josh Johnson
- Blue Bombers Add Three to Roster
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on One-Year Extension with Grey Cup MVP Andrew Harris