Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on One-Year Extension with Linebacker Jesse Briggs
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with Canadian linebacker Jesse Briggs on a one-year contract extension. Briggs was scheduled to become a free agent in February.
Briggs (6-1, 211, McGill; DOB: April 14, 1990, in Kelowna, B.C.) returns to the Bombers for a seventh season after originally being selected by the club in the second round, 17th overall, of the 2014 Canadian Football League Draft.
The veteran linebacker has been a fixture on special teams during his days with the Blue Bombers. He was limited to just four regular season games and the three playoff contests in 2019 due to injuries after missing only three games in the first five years of his career.
Briggs finished the year with three tackles - two on defence and one on special teams, adding two special teams tackles and a defensive tackle in the playoff run. Briggs has suited up for 91 CFL games during his days with the Bombers, registering 20 tackles and 57 more on special teams.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 20, 2021
- Alouettes Sign Quebecers Jean-Samuel Blanc and Felix Faubert-Lussier - Montreal Alouettes
- Riders Extend Receiver Jordan Williams-Lambert - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on One-Year Extension with Linebacker Jesse Briggs - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Lions Re-Sign Team Outstanding Lineman Joel Figueroa - B.C. Lions
- Alaric Jackson Tops Winter Scouting Bureau Rankings - CFL
- Pair of Riders Opt Back In - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Select Linebacker Les Maruo with 4th Overall Selection in Global Draft
- Blue Bombers Add Defensive Tackle to Roster
- Winnipeg Football Club Releases 2020 Financial Results
- Blue Bombers Release Donahue
- Molson Coors Beverage Company and Winnipeg Blue Bombers Announce New Partnership