Blizzard Prepare for Rival Iron
The Green Bay Blizzard are heading down to face the Milwaukee Iron for the second time this season on Friday. This will be the second of three games scheduled against the Iron with the third and final game being at the Resch Center in Green Bay on July 17th. The previous matchup was a hard fought first half with the Blizzard taking a small lead into the half. The Blizzard defense took control of the second half and only allowed one Iron touchdown ending the game with a 28-56 Blizzard victory. The Blizzard currently sits with a 7-5 record will be looking to perform well these last four games and gain some momentum heading into the playoffs. The Iron has a 5-7 record and currently owns the final spot in the playoff race for the American Conference. Similar to the previous Milwaukee game, the Blizzard will be arranging a package for fans interested in making the trip from the Resch Center to the Bradley Center in Milwaukee that includes coach transportation and a ticket to the game. Call the Blizzard office for details at 920-405-1264. Practices this week will be at Brown County Arena. This week Media Day will be Wednesday morning at 11:15 with interviews following practice. Thursday's practice will also be an alternate media day in case of conflicts with the Packer's practice schedule earlier in the week.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 23, 2009
- Thunder's Brandon Taylor wins Week 13 af2 award - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Grier wins The Big Game Catch of the Week Award - Alabama Vipers
- Aaron Fairooz Gets League Honors - Arkansas Diamonds
- Week 13 Honors - af2
- Yard Dawgz Take on Undefeated Shock on Friday - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Dusters remain in Amarillo - Amarillo Venom
- Blizzard Prepare for Rival Iron - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.