Grier wins The Big Game Catch of the Week Award
Jeremy Grier (6-1, 208, Tennessee Chattanooga), in his third af2 season, is the Week 13 recipient of The Big Game Catch of the Week Award. This is Grier's first Big Game Catch of the Week Award. The Tennessee Chattanooga alum had 11 catches for 96 yards and a game-high three TDs in the Vipers' 54-29 Week home win against South Division rival Florida. One of his 11 grabs was a 12-yard beauty for a first down with just over three minutes to play in the fourth quarter. Sprinting down the left sideboard, Grier made a leaping, one-handed grab, hauling the ball in with his right hand. Grier has racked up 68 catches for 633 yards and 14 TDs for the Vipers this season. Tennessee Valley currently leads the South Division at 9-3 and hosts Tulsa this Saturday night at the Von Braun Center. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 23, 2009
- Thunder's Brandon Taylor wins Week 13 af2 award - Mahoning Valley Thunder
- Grier wins The Big Game Catch of the Week Award - Alabama Vipers
- Aaron Fairooz Gets League Honors - Arkansas Diamonds
- Week 13 Honors - af2
- Yard Dawgz Take on Undefeated Shock on Friday - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Dusters remain in Amarillo - Amarillo Venom
- Blizzard Prepare for Rival Iron - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.