Blizzard fail in second half again
Green Bay, WI-The Green Bay Blizzard failed in the second half, again, this time to the Albany Conquest on Friday night. Going into halftime, the score was 27-14 in favor of the Conquest. A scoreless third quarter broke the game wide open for the Conquest as they scored 25 points in the quarter. The game ended 59-26 and sent the Blizzard on a three game losing streak and a 4-8 record going into their second of two bye weeks.
QB Chris Greisen was on the inactive list for Fridays game suffering from a neck injury that occurred in the loss to the Quad City Steamwheelers. QB Matt Bunyan recorded his first career af2 start. Bunyan went 17-34 for 199 yards and 4 touchdowns. Bunyan also had 4 interceptions, with 2 getting returned for touchdowns.
Third quarter woes continue to plague the Blizzard. On the season, the Blizzard have been outscored 200-88 in the third quarter, while outscoring their opponents in the other three quarters 523-455.
Friday, July 9th is Miller Dollar Beer Night at the Blizzard game. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with kick-off scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 28, 2004
- Dorados Look to Check Out of Heartbreak Hotel - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Red, White and Riptide Blue - San Diego Riptide
- ArenaBowl Championship Eludes Trentadue for Second Straight Time - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Blitz Attend Football Camp; Condors Booster Club host Fireworks Stand - Bakersfield Blitz
- Americas # 1 country music group, Montgomery Gentry, to perform full concert following Conquest gam - Albany Firebirds
- Hawaiian Islanders game notes - Hawaiian Islanders
- af2 Forecast: One Hot July - af2
- Blizzard fail in second half again - Green Bay Blizzard
- Manchester Wolves weekly - Manchester Wolves
- Pass, Run & Kick A Success - Laredo Law
- Steamwheelers Weekly Report - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Week 13 af2 game recaps - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.