Red, White and Riptide Blue
San Diego, CA- This Saturday, July 3rd, is Military Appreciation Night as the Riptide take on the Hawaiian Islanders at 7pm at the Sports Arena. Its a star spangled affair with the Riptide proudly sporting red, white, and blue jerseys. The jerseys will be auctioned off after the game with a percentage of the proceeds going to a military relief aid fund. Tickets for the game are $8 with a valid military ID card for Terrace level seats. Fans will be allowed onto the field after the game for the auction.
The San Diego Riptide would like to thank the men and women of our armed services for their commitment and support to the San Diego community and the United States of America. San Diego, America's Finest City, is home to the Naval Station San Diego, which is the largest installation in the San Diego naval complex in terms of ships, people, and supported operations. They fulfill a vital role in providing comprehensive services to the fleet, its shore based components, and the broader military community within the region. More than 8,000 military and civilian staff provide medical care at the Naval Medical Center located in Balboa Park.
Before the game, the Shore Patrol, official booster club of the San Diego Riptide, would also like to invite all the fans to this weeks tailgate. The tailgate begins at 5 p.m. in the VIP parking area of the Sports Arena. There will be great Hawaiian cuisine complimentary of Da Kines Restaurants, located in National City and Pacific Beach. Talk Riptide football with Shore Patrol members and sign up to be a part of the booster club. Cost is only $15 for individuals and $25 for families (maximum 4 per household).
So come out and celebrate our armed services on Saturday, July 3rd at 7pm at the Sports Arena for Military Appreciation Night. In addition The Riptide will also be giving away free visors thanks to our sponsors, R.I.S.E. Chiropractic, to the first 3,000 fans. In addition to visors, during the game, fans have a chance to win other free prizes thanks from our sponsors.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 28, 2004
- Dorados Look to Check Out of Heartbreak Hotel - Rio Grande Valley Dorados
- Red, White and Riptide Blue - San Diego Riptide
- ArenaBowl Championship Eludes Trentadue for Second Straight Time - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Blitz Attend Football Camp; Condors Booster Club host Fireworks Stand - Bakersfield Blitz
- Americas # 1 country music group, Montgomery Gentry, to perform full concert following Conquest gam - Albany Firebirds
- Hawaiian Islanders game notes - Hawaiian Islanders
- af2 Forecast: One Hot July - af2
- Blizzard fail in second half again - Green Bay Blizzard
- Manchester Wolves weekly - Manchester Wolves
- Pass, Run & Kick A Success - Laredo Law
- Steamwheelers Weekly Report - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Week 13 af2 game recaps - af2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.