Blast Defeat Rampage
The Blast defeated the Cedar Rapids Rampage 3-2 in a hard fought game where both defenses played well. Lucas Roque led the Blast with two goals and an assist on the game.
Both teams had scoring chances in the first half, but the defenses held up. The Blast got the first two goals of the game, with Lucas Roque scoring both in the 1st quarter. Cedar Rapids would answer with a Mohamed Kenawy goal in the second quarter. Those would be the only goals scored in the half, as the Blast would take a 2-1 lead at halftime.
The tight defense continued in the second half, with neither offense really able to get going. Cedar Rapids scored in the 3rd quarter on a goal by Derek Huffman to tie the game at 2-2. The Blast would answer in the 4th quarter with a goal from Jon Orlando to retake the lead. The Blast defense would do the rest as they held on for a 3-2 win.
The Blast win their second straight game behind a great defensive effort. William Vanzela recorded six saves on the game and also contributed an assist for Baltimore. Rampage goalkeeper Rainer Hauss also had six saves in the game.
The Blast are back in action next Saturday, January 6th at 6:05 p.m. EST to host the Harrisburg Heat at SECU Arena.
Tickets can be found by contacting the Blast office at 410-732-5278 or at ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 3, 2018
- Blast Defeat Rampage - Baltimore Blast
- Two Late Goals, Two Goals Too Late - St. Louis Ambush
- Ontario's Adrien Perez Scores Five Goals And The Game-Winner - San Diego Sockers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Baltimore Blast Stories
- Blast Game-Worn Red Jersey Auction Begins Now
- Blast to Hold Championship Celebration Party Friday, March 30
- Blast Win 3rd Straight Championship; Defeat Monterrey 4-3
- MASL Championship Preview: Blast at Monterrey
- Blast Defeat Wave 10-6; Advance to Ron Newman Cup Championship