Billy Forbes Named to USL Championship Team of the Week
Austin, TX - The USL Championship revealed the Team of the Week Presented by Cleer Audio for Week 10 of the 2020 regular season today. Austin Bold FC forward Billy Forbes was recognized for his one-week three-goal performance over two matches against Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC and OKC Energy FC.
Forbes has hit a fantastic run of form in August, and that was on full display in Week 10. The forward found the back of the net twice against the Switchbacks and once against Energy. It's not just the goalscoring that made Forbes so dangerous; it's his ability to attack the backline with pace puts every defender under pressure and opens up opportunities for Austin's other forwards.
After Sunday's match, Forbes spoke on his performance. "For me as a player, it just feels good to get a chance to play forward. It really comes down to hard work. I've been getting lucky being at the right spot at the right time and the ball has been going into the back of the net for me. I'm really happy about that."
Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC's Ryan James earned Player of the Week honors with two goals against Hartford Athletic. James earned 43 percent of the ballot for his performances. The LA Galaxy II's Augustine Williams finished second on 22 percent after recording three goals, and one assist as Los Dos took a pair of victories against the Portland Timbers 2 and Las Vegas Lights FC to move into second place in Group B's standings.
Check out the rest of the USL Championship Team of the Week for Week 10 below.
GK - Colin Miller, Loudoun United FC: Miller recorded nine saves, including denying a penalty kick, to match the most saves in a single game this season in Loudoun's 3-2 defeat to the New York Red Bulls II on Saturday evening.
D - Dillon Serna, Sporting Kansas City II: Serna recorded two assists, completed 25 of 32 passes overall and recorded two blocked shots and nine recoveries in SKC II's 2-1 victory against FC Tulsa on Saturday night.
D - Logan Gdula, Charleston Battery: Gdula scored once, and completed 77 of 92 passes and 2 of 2 dribbles and made 18 recoveries as the Battery swept a pair of victories against Miami FC and the Tampa Bay Rowdies.
D - Ryan James, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC: James scored a pair of goals, completed 52 of 58 passes and won 7 of 9 duels in a standout display that helped the Hounds to a 3-0 victory against Hartford Athletic.
M - Blake Smith, San Antonio FC: Smith recorded one goal and one assist, had two shots overall and made two clearances in San Antonio's 3-1 victory against Rio Grande Valley FC on Friday night.
M - Jake LaCava, New York Red Bulls II: LaCava recorded his first two professional goals, had seven shots overall and one chance created in New York's 3-2 victory against Loudoun United FC.
M - Bryam Rebellon, El Paso Locomotive FC: Rebellon scored a late game-winner for El Paso against Real Monarchs SLC and won 10 of 17 duels and completed 28 of 42 passes while recording five shots overall.
M - Jaden Servania, Birmingham Legion FC: Servania recorded one goal and one assist and completed 15 of 16 passes and recorded three chances created as Legion FC took a 4-1 victory against the Charlotte Independence.
F - Augustine Williams, LA Galaxy II: Williams recorded three goals and one assist and completed 39 of 48 passes across two contests as Los Dos took a pair of victories to move into second place in Group B.
F - Corey Hertzog, Reno 1868 FC: Hertzog recorded one goal and one assist, had three chances created overall and completed 28 of 36 passes in 1868 FC's 2-1 victory against Phoenix Rising FC on Saturday night.
Bench: Ford Parker (BHM), Jordan Dover (PIT), Sean Totsch (LOU), Neco Brett (BHM) Christian Volesky (COS), Kairou Amoustapha (LDN), Blake Frischknecht (LV)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 1, 2020
- Hounds Victorious against Loudoun, 3-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Around the Leagues Ã¢ÂÂ USL, NWSL and MLS - Sacramento Republic FC
- SD Loyal Signs Trio of Players Through 2020 Season - San Diego Loyal
- Charlotte Independence V Memphis 901: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- 11-Year Major League Soccer Veteran MLS Cup Champion Quincy Amarikwa Signs with Lights FC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Match Preview: Legion FC vs. North Carolina FC - Wednesday, September 2 - Birmingham Legion FC
- Orange County SC Loans Thomas Enevoldsen to Horbro IK - Orange County SC
- Union II Matches Rescheduled - Philadelphia Union II
- Matches against Philadelphia Union II Rescheduled - Hartford Athletic
- OC Play Host Los Dos in Tight Playoff Race - Orange County SC
- Brett, Parker, Servania All Named to USL Championship's Team of the Week - Birmingham Legion FC
- Charlotte Independence and Heal Charlotte Team up for Successful First Community Clinic - Charlotte Independence
- Billy Forbes Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Austin Bold FC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Philadelphia Union II - Atlanta United 2
- Christian Volesky Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Pittsburgh's Ryan James earns Player of the Week after standout display against Hartford - USL
- Corey Hertzog Named to USL Team of the Week - Reno 1868 FC
- Preview: RGV FC Looking Ahead to Wednesday Night at FC Tulsa - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Bold FC Stories
- Austin Bold FC Announces Six Returning Players for 2021 Season
- USL Academy League Reveals Founding South-Central Division Members
- Austin Bold FC Finishes the Season with 2-1 Victory over San Antonio FC
- Preview: Austin Bold FC V San Antonio FC
- Austin Bold FC Fall 2-0 to Rio Grande Valley FC