Big Top Baseball, Village of Ashwaubenon Unveil Capital Credit Union Park
Ashwaubenon, WI. - Big Top Baseball, the owner of the Green Bay Bullfrogs, unveiled Capital Credit Union Park, its new home in the Village of Ashwaubenon starting in 2019, at a public event Tuesday night. The new stadium will be located at 2231 Holmgren Way and will host baseball, soccer, and additional community events. Capital Credit Union Park will have a capacity of 3,359 for athletic events, 7,000+ for concerts and community events and will feature club and suite space for up to 300 guests.
Capital Credit Union Park reuses the old CTI Concrete building, a 17,000 square foot warehouse, located on the site prior to the Village purchasing the land earlier this year. The existing building will be renovated and will include a team store, concessions, restrooms, suites, a club space, locker rooms, team office and a hotel lobby style ticket office. The stadium will feature spacious concourses throughout ranging from 20 feet at the narrowest point to up to 50 feet at some points. Furthermore, the stadium seating bowl will have just seven rows in an effort to bring guests as close to the action as possible. Capital Credit Union Park will offer a variety of seating options to cater to all desires including standard stadium seats, a grass berm, standing locations with drink rails, bar top seats and a suite and club area.
Additional unique design elements of Capital Credit Union Park include 19 foot, 19 inch outfield wall in right field paying homage to the year the Green Bay Packers were founded. Furthermore, the majority of the outfield fence will be covered in digital signage enhancing the in-game experience for guests. The all turf field will host the Northwoods League's Green Bay Bullfrogs, a to be named summer collegiate soccer team owned by Big Top and a variety of community athletic and social events.
Big Top Baseball also announced on Tuesday they are launching a "Name the Team Contest" fan initiative to encourage community input to re-name the Bullfrogs ahead of its relocation to Capital Credit Union Stadium for the 2019 season.
"We have enjoyed the Bullfrogs name for the last 10 years. However, as we transition to a new stadium and new era of Northwoods League baseball in the Green Bay area, we thought it was the appropriate time to consider a new brand. We want this team and our brand to be reflective of the community and we are excited to engage the community to tell us what our team should be named," the Bullfrogs ownership group said in a statement.
Fans are encouraged to submit their team name suggestions online at www.greenbaybullfrogs.com. All entries must include suggested team name as well as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail. A list of finalists will be comprised from the most popular choices in the first round of voting and a final vote will take place to help management determine the name of the team.
For voting, fans will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win over 50 prizes including:
* Fifty (50) winners will receive a pair of tickets to the 2019 home opener!
* Four (4) winners will receive a group outing on a night of their choice (25 guests maximum) with an all-you-can-eat buffet included!
* One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive two (2) lifetime infield box season tickets, an authentic, personalized game jersey, authentic game hat and will throw out the first pitch for the 2019 Home Opener in June!
*Opportunity to throw out a first pitch at the 2019 home opener!
All entries must be submitted by 12:00 midnight, Friday, August 31st, 2018. The team name, logo, and a few other exciting announcements will be released at an Event at the Capital Credit Union stadium site later this fall. Date and time of this event to be announced.
Capital Credit Union Park at a glance:
- 2,028 fixed seats main concourse, 7 rows
- 687 person capacity berm
- 6 indoor, 16-person suites
- 248 fixed seats in the club level
- Indoor Year Round Club space with a indoor capacity of 200 indoor and an indoor/outdoor capacity of 548
- 19 foot, 19 inch outfield wall to recognize 1919, the inaugural year of the Green Bay Packers
- Fully digital outfield fence
- 20 to 50 foot-wide concourses throughout the stadium
- 3,359 person capacity for athletic events
- 7,000 plus person capacity for concerts
- All turf playing surface to host baseball, soccer and community events
Images from this story
Capital Credit Union Park soccer field renderingsoccer field rendering
Capital Credit Union Park concourse rendering
Capital Credit Union Park view from the outfield rendering
Capital Credit Union Park concourse rendering
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from July 17, 2018
- Stingers Fight Back, Defeat Loggers - Willmar Stingers
- Honkers Defeat Rox in St. Cloud - Rochester Honkers
- Huskies Win Slugfest in Thunder Bay - Duluth Huskies
- Barrie Hits Sixth Home Run, Rox Comeback Falls Short - St. Cloud Rox
- Rivets Stumble and Lose 14-1 to the Dock Spiders - Rockford Rivets
- Woodchucks Drop Tough One to Bombers - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Dock Spiders Pour It on in 14-1 Win over Rockford - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Mallards Sweep Doubleheader, No-Hit Chinooks - Madison Mallards
- Big Top Baseball, Village of Ashwaubenon Unveil Capital Credit Union Park - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Host the Growlers in Homestand Opener - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.