Bees Fall to Baby Cakes
SALT LAKE CITY - New Orleans scored three runs in the top of the 10th inning to take an 11-8 victory and snap the Bees winning streak at three.
Entering today Salt Lake was a perfect 34-0 this season when leading after eight innings, but the visitors scratched across the tying run in the ninth inning to send the game to extras knotted up at 8. New Orleans would go on to score three runs in the top of the 10th inning and the Bees were set down in order in the bottom half.
Jabari Blash led the Bees offensive attacking hitting two homers in the game for the second time this season. Blash finished 2-for-5 with four RBIs. Rymer Liriano also went deep and finished 3-for-5 with three RBIs. Eric Young Jr. and Taylor Ward also had three-hit days with Young Jr. scoring three runs on the day. With three homers on the day, Salt Lake now has 100 on the season becoming the first Minor League team to reach triple-digit home runs and trail only the New York Yankees in professional baseball.
The Bees and Baby Cakes will finish the series and the homestand with a 7:05 p.m. Smith's Family Night. Four tickets and four hot dogs can be purchased for Monday night's game for $20.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 10, 2018
- Rainiers Top Sounds In Extras, 5-4 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sounds Fall to Rainiers in Extras - Nashville Sounds
- Duggar walks off for River Cats in four-hit game - Sacramento River Cats
- Sky Sox Fall in Walk-Off Fashion to River Cats Sunday - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Bees Fall to Baby Cakes - Salt Lake Bees
- Heineman Leads Express to 10-6 Win over 51s - Round Rock Express
- 'Cakes Rally to Sting Bees in the Tenth - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Gant Leads Redbirds to Second Shutout in Four Games - Memphis Redbirds
- Aces Blanked in Rock & Roll City, Lose by Six - Reno Aces
- I-Cubs and Chihuahuas Postponed - Iowa Cubs
- Chihuahuas Postponed in Iowa Sunday - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Tacoma Rainiers (30-33) at Nashville Sounds (30-30) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 10, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Reno Aces Game Notes at Memphis - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (37-26) vs Reno Aces (28-35) - Memphis Redbirds
- Round Rock Obliterates Las Vegas 18-7 - Round Rock Express
- Mora of the Story: Dodgers Win, 4-2 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- River Cats welcome back Rutledge and Gage, but fall to Sky Sox - Sacramento River Cats
- Dodgers even series with Grizzlies on Saturday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Thames Lifts Off, Sky Sox Even Series with River Cats - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Runzas Freeze 'Burgers 2-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.