Beavers Maxwell named trainer of PCL All-Star team
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Beavers trainer John Maxwell today was named to the Pacific Coast League All-Star field staff to represent the league against the best of the International League in the July 14 Triple-A All-Star game in Pawtucket, R.I.
This season, Maxwell marked his 10th year in the San Diego Padres organization and his fourth with the Beavers. He previously worked for five seasons with their rookie-league Idaho Falls affiliate and one with their Class AA Mobile affiliate in the Padres system before joining Portland for its inaugural 2001 campaign.
A Glendale, Ariz., resident, Maxwell, who has also worked in the professional beach volleyball circuit, traveled to Japan to serve as an exchange trainer for the Hiroshima Carp following the 2003 season.
Maxwell, a graduate of San Diego State University with a degree in sports medicine, is a certified athletic trainer, a certified strength and conditioning specialist and a licensed physical therapist assistant.
Also on Thursday, the PCL tabbed Salt Lake Stingers manager Mike Brumley as manager of the PCL team, New Orleans manager Chris Maloney as its pitching coach, and Iowa's Pat Listach as its hitting coach.
The roster of International League all-stars will be released on June 23, while the Pacific Coast League roster will be released on June 24.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 3, 2004
- Sounds Homer Twice, Outlast I-Cubs 8-5 - Nashville Sounds
- Beavers Maxwell named trainer of PCL All-Star team - Portland Beavers
- Sox Return Home for 4-Game Set - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Beavers feature two summer baseball camps at PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Sledge named NL Rookie of the Month - Edmonton Trappers
- Prior to say thanks - Iowa Cubs
- Pat Listach to All-Star Game - Iowa Cubs
- Salt Lake's Mike Brumley to Manage PCL All-Stars - PCL
- "Seahawks Live" is Coming to Portland - Portland Beavers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss