BC Lions Add to Practice Roster
(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club today announced that Americans Cameron Echols-Luper (WR) and Tyron Roberts (DL) have been added to the team's practice roster.
Echols-Luper (6'0", 195) after a mini-camp invite from the Indianapolis Colts, the Texas native was signed to the practice roster of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in July 2018 and re-signed with the Ticats in January before attending training camp with the club this past May. He split his college days between Texas Christian and Western Kentucky notching 47 combined appearances with 26 receptions for 211 yards and five touchdowns. The speedster also racked-up 54 career punt returns for 558 yards and 31 kickoff returns for 551 yards.
Roberts (6'3", 300) makes his way to the Lions after a four-year career at Winston-Salem State where he appeared in 39 games collecting 72 individual tackles, 20 of which were for a loss along with eight sacks. As a senior in 2018, the North Carolina native earned a Second-Team All Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (CIAA) selection.
The next BC Lions home game is Friday, September 13th versus the Ottawa RedBlacks presented by Freshslice Pizza.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from September 11, 2019
- Stamps Welcome Ticats to Town - Calgary Stampeders
- Player Discipline â?? Week 13 - CFL
- Alouettes Foundation Raises Close to $50,000 in Support of School Perseverance - Montreal Alouettes
- Lions Host Ottawa Friday Presented by Freshslice Pizza - B.C. Lions
- BC Lions Add to Practice Roster - B.C. Lions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.