Battery Sign Evan Posnanski to Academy Contract
On Friday the Charleston Battery completed the signing of Wando High School standout, Evan Posnanski, to an academy contract. The contract will allow Posnanski to pursue a collegiate career while gaining valuable experience with the Battery through the remainder of the 2019 USL Championship season and into 2020.
The senior has enjoyed a successful high school career winning three straight state championships at the 5A level. In 2017, Posnanski's freshman season, Wando High School were named National Champions by USA Today Sports and repeated the feat in 2018. The attacking midfielder contributed to Wando's 56 match win streak, a South Carolina state record.
A Mount Pleasant native, Posnanski played for the U13/U14 South Carolina Battery Academy team during the 2015 season scoring one goal in four appearances. He recently captained the USA Mount Pleasant 2001/2002 boys team to a first-place finish in the league, scoring 19 goals in 19 matches.
Posnanski looks to build on Wando's historic success in his senior season following a trial with the Sporting Kansas City Academy team. You could say the Charleston Battery is in Posnanski's blood as Evan's father, Jamie Posnanski, played with the Battery for two seasons alongside coach Mike Anhaeuser.
Posnanski joins Temi Adesodun as the Battery's latest signings before last Friday's deadline. Charleston are on the road against New York Red Bulls II Friday night before returning to MUSC Health Stadium against Loudoun United on October 13th.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 24, 2019
- Hounds Clinch Playoff Berth, Defeat Memphis, 1-0 - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Pittsburgh Capitalizes on Early Chance in 1-0 Win over Memphis 901 FC - Memphis 901 FC
- Nashville SC to Host Pop-Up Pitch in Gallatin on Wednesday, September 25 - Nashville SC
- Loudoun United Acquire Defenders Hunter Gorskie and Miguel Garduno - Loudoun United
- Orange County SC Signs Another U.S. U-17 International - Orange County SC
- STLFC Partners with Fortinet - Saint Louis FC
- San Antonio FC Travels to Face Tulsa Roughnecks FC - San Antonio FC
- Napo Matsoso Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Louisville City FC
- LouCity's Napo Matsoso Named to USL Championship Team of the Week - Louisville City FC
- Barry Selected to USL Championship Team of the Week - Ottawa Fury FC
- Jaime Chavez Named USL Championship Player of the Week - Fresno FC
- Davis Honored on Team of the Week Following Standout Matches - Nashville SC
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs Indy Eleven - Atlanta United 2
- Fresno's Chavez Voted Championship Player of the Week - USL
- Lindley Earns Spot on USL Championship Team of the Week - Memphis 901 FC
- Hertzog Named to Team of the Week - Reno 1868 FC
- Nashville SC to Host Tennessee EA Sports FIFA 20 Challenge Across the State this Fall - Nashville SC
- Fans to Help Design 2020 Lights FC Jersey - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Battery Sign Evan Posnanski to Academy Contract - Charleston Battery
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 30 - USL
- Match Preview: Indy Eleven Continues Away Stint at Atlanta United FC 2 - Indy Eleven
- Hartford Athletic to Host Portmore United FC of Jamaican National Premier League - Hartford Athletic
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charleston Battery Stories
- Battery Clinch Postseason Spot After Dominant Display
- Time Change: Charleston Battery V Bethlehem Steel FC
- Battery Strengthen Playoff Hopes, Eliminates Memphis in 2-0 Win
- Charleston Stalls in Playoff Race with 2-1 Loss to Loudoun
- Battery Hold Birmingham to Scoreless Draw