Bandits Pull Away from Riptide to Sweep Back-To-Back Set
January 28, 2023 - National Lacrosse League (NLL) - Buffalo Bandits News Release
The Buffalo Bandits earned their sixth win of the season on Saturday night, beating the New York Riptide 16-10 at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
The Bandits' high scoring arsenal was led by reigning MVP Dhane Smith, who totaled 11 points (4+7) in the game. Smith was supported by Brandon Robinson (3+4), Ian MacKay (4+2), and Tehoka Nanticoke (2+3). Josh Byrne, who was the NLL's goal leader coming into the game, did not play in the second half due to a lower-body injury.
Leading contributors for New York included Jeff Teat (3+4), Connor Kearnan (1+4), Reilly O'Connor (1+4) and Tyler Digby (2+2).
Bandits goaltender Matt Vinc held down the pipes for Buffalo with 42 saves on 52 shots while New York netminder Steve Orleman stopped 31 of 47 shots.
Coming off Friday night's win against Philadelphia, the Bandits earned their second win in as many days to improve to 6-2.
A chippy first quarter resulted in a low-scoring frame that saw New York take a 3-2 lead.
Nanticoke and Nick Weiss opened the second quarter for Buffalo with goals 19 seconds apart to give the Bandits a 4-3 lead less than two minutes. They would not trail again for the rest of the game.
Tied 7-7 at halftime, the third quarter featured 10 goals between the two squads. Robinson scored two in a row to open the half just 57 seconds apart to earn a hat trick.
Nanticoke and Matt Spanger closed out the quarter with goals to put Buffalo ahead 14-10.
MacKay and Smith each scored their fourth goals of the game in the final frame to seal the victory.
The Bandits will return home next week to take on the Rochester Knighthawks in a battle of Eastern Conference heavyweights. Tickets are on sale now.
Faceoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at KeyBank Center. It's also Native American Heritage Night presented by Seneca Resorts and Casinos.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from January 28, 2023
- Rush Extend Home Game Win Streak to Seven - Saskatchewan Rush
- Bandits Pull Away from Riptide to Sweep Back-To-Back Set - Buffalo Bandits
- Desert Dogs Stumble in Saskatchewan - Las Vegas Desert Dogs
- Practice Report: Panther City Lacrosse Club at Vancouver - Panther City Lacrosse Club
- Bandits Go Back-To-Back with Road Game against Riptide - Buffalo Bandits
- Game Notes: January 28 at New York - Buffalo Bandits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bandits Stories
- Priolo Scores Overtime Winner as Bandits Topple Seals
- Bandits Hit the Road to Take on Seals Tonight
- Bandits' 6-Game Win Streak Snapped in Loss to Colorado
- Julie Buccieri Named 2022-23 John Faller Memorial Award Recipient
- Bandits Set to Host Colorado in Rematch of NLL Finals