B-Sens Win Streak Snapped in 5-0 Loss
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators fell 5-0 on the road against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in their final visit to the Mohegan Sun Arena this season.
Carter Rowney opened the scoring 3:32 into the first period for his 21st goal of the year. Binghamton was outshot 12-4 heading into the first intermission.
The Penguins scored three goals over the middle frame to push their lead to 4-0. Dominik Simon struck first on the power play before Jean-Sebastien Dea scored his 18th of the year at the 13:51 mark of the period. Less than three minutes later, Josh Archibald net his 9th goal of the season to give the Penguins the lead heading into the final intermission with Binghamon being outshot 13-7.
Simon scored his second power-play goal of the night just over a minute into the last period to push the final score to 5-0.
Tristan Jarry had 20 saves for the shut out win while Chris Driedger stopped 31 shots in the losing effort.
The B-Sens are back on home ice Friday, March 25, for a rematch with the Penguins before they host the Utica Comets on Saturday with both games set to start at 7:05p.m. Fans can purchase tickets by calling the B-Sens Executive Office Thursday from 9:00a.m. - 5:30p.m. or Friday and Saturday from 8:00a.m. - the game's second intermission. Fans can also purchase tickets through the Arena Box Office and all Ticketmaster outlets during normal business hours by visiting www.ticketmaster.com or at 1-800-745-3000.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2016
- Heat Stage Late Comeback But Fall Just Short in Winnipeg - Stockton Heat
- Cunneyworth Sets Amerks Franchise Wins Record in Dramatic Fashion - Rochester Americans
- Stars Fall to Admirals in 2-0 Goaltending Duel - Texas Stars
- Wolves Can't Solve Checkers - Chicago Wolves
- Bridgeport has five game winning streak snapped - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Admirals Shoot Down Stars, Take over First Place - Milwaukee Admirals
- Checkers' Offense Comes Alive in Chicago - Charlotte Checkers
- Highest Output of Year Helps Bears Blast Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- Special Teams Doom Pack in OT Loss - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Pens Pull Together for Decisive 5-0 Win, Jarry's Fifth Shutout - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Sellout Streak Reaches 9 Straight Amidst Rivalry Showdown - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Comets Lose Fourth Straight - Utica Comets
- IceCaps Edged by Americans 6-5 - St. John's IceCaps
- Crunch Down Comets, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Khokhlachev Scores Twice in Overtime Win - Providence Bruins
- B-Sens Win Streak Snapped in 5-0 Loss - Binghamton Senators
- Blackhawks Issue Statement on Garret Ross - Rockford IceHogs
- Anaheim Recalls Theodore, Gulls Ink Morley - San Diego Gulls
- LA Kings Prospect Matt Schmalz Joins Reign - Ontario Reign
- Amerks to Host Autism Awareness Night on Sunday, April 3 - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Welcome New Staff Member - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Sign Mark Cooper - Chicago Wolves
- Checkers' Seventh Annual Pooch Party Set for April 10 - Charlotte Checkers
- Heat and Moose Closeout Season Series with Final Game in Winnipeg - Stockton Heat
- Flames Sign Prospect Andrew Mangiapane - Stockton Heat
- Red Hot B-Sens Return Home Friday & Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Mattson Recalled to Rockford, Star Wars Jersey up for Auction - Rockford IceHogs
- Islanders Sign McAdam to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Moose Sign Breton and Wilson - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Recall Mark Dekanich from Stingrays - Hershey Bears
- Early Goals Doom Condors against Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Reign Pluck Condors 5-2 in Bakersfield - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.