Avalanche Reassign Defenseman Anton Lindholm and Duncan Siemens
SAN ANTONIO - The Colorado Avalanche announced today that defenseman Anton Lindholm and Duncan Siemens, and forward Rocco Grimaldi have been reassigned to the San Antonio Rampage (AHL).
Lindholm rejoins San Antonio after skating in 12 games with the Avalanche and recording his NHL debut on March 15 against the Detroit Red Wings. Before his NHL recall on March 13, Lindholm recorded two goals and 10 assists in 59 contests with the Rampage.
During his recent three-game stint with the Avalanche, Grimaldi recorded one assist and averaged 11:57 of ice time per game. He recorded his first NHL assist of the season on April 6 against the Minnesota Wild when he set up rookie Tyson Jost for his first-ever NHL goal. Grimaldi returns to San Antonio as their leading scorer and in a race for the Willie Marshall Award. The Anaheim, Calif. native currently sits two goals behind Wade Megan (31g) of the Chicago Wolves and Pontus Aberg (31g) of the Milwaukee Admirals for the AHL's leading goal scorer. Grimaldi has recorded 29 goals and 22 assists in 68 contests with the Silver and Black this season.
Siemens spent three games with Colorado after his recall on April 3, playing in his first NHL games since the 2014-15 season when he recorded his NHL debut against the Chicago Blackhawks on April 11, 2015. The Sherwood Park, Alta. native averaged 12:18 of time during his three games with the Avalanche.
Grimaldi, Lindholm and Siemens will be available for today's game as San Antonio concludes its season series with the Bakersfield Condors at 3:00 p.m. CT at the AT&T Center. All Rampage games can be heard on Ticket 760 and SARampage.com. Individual tickets are available and can be purchased by calling a Rampage representative at 210-444-5554 or online at SARampage.com. The 2016-17 season is presented by Wells Fargo. t_
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2017
- Checkers Shoot Down Stars 3-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Stars Fall Short in Charlotte, 3-1 - Texas Stars
- Manitoba Moose Moose Announce Award Winners - Manitoba Moose
- Avalanche Reassign Defenseman Anton Lindholm and Duncan Siemens - San Antonio Rampage
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Butler Recalled Under Emergency Conditions - Chicago Wolves
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Joel Vermin, Michael Bournival To Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Dallas Assigns Six Players to Texas - Texas Stars
- Penguins Recall Christian Hilbrich from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Transaction: Robert Hagg Recalled by Flyers - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rangers Recall Goaltender Magnus Hellberg - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blue Jackets Recall Monsters Left Wing Sonny Milano - Cleveland Monsters
- Texas Adds McPherson, Houk and Miceli on Tryout Agreements - Texas Stars
- Shinkaruk Stays Hot in 5-2 Win over San Jose - Stockton Heat
- Reign Cruise Past Gulls on Military Appreciation Night - Ontario Reign
- Monster Mash Leads Hogs to 4-2 Win in Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters Topple Griffins, 4-0 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves Vault into First Place - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- San Antonio Reassigns Goaltender Sam Brittain to Colorado Eagles
- Rampage Take Down Western Conference-Leading Moose in 4-2 Fashion
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update
- Rampage Power Past Monsters for 30th Win in 4-0 Shutout
- Rampage Collect Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Manitoba