Atlanta United Announces Year-End Roster Moves
ATLANTA - Atlanta United today announced its year-end roster moves ahead of the 2024 MLS season. In addition to the 18 players already under contract for 2024, the club exercised its contract option for Aiden McFadden and has three more players set to join the team on Jan. 1.
Atlanta United Vice President and Technical Director Carlos Bocanegra will be available today via Zoom at 10:00 a.m. Media may join the Zoom call HERE. Passcode: ATLUTD
The club declined contract options on five players and has six other players out of contract. Options for Machop Chol, Jackson Conway, Clement Diop, Justin Garces and Efrain Morales were declined. Meanwhile, Ozzie Alonso, Miguel Berry, Miles Robinson, Matheus Rossetto, Amar Sejdic and Quentin Westberg are out of contract. The club remains in renewal negotiations with Morales, Robinson and Westberg.
The loans for Juanjo Purata and Xande Silva expire at the end of the calendar year. The club has declined the transfer option on Purata and has yet to make a determination on Silva's transfer option.
Berry, Chol, Conway, Garces, Purata and Rossetto are eligible for the Re-Entry Draft. Alonso, Diop, Robinson, Sejdic and Westberg are eligible for Free Agency.
The MLS offseason begins on Monday, Dec. 11 with the trade window opening at 9:00 a.m. The End-of-Year Waivers process then begins on Dec. 12, followed by Free Agency on Dec. 13 and the Re-Entry Process, Stage 1 on Dec. 14. For a full breakdown of the MLS offseason calendar, click HERE.
Players under contract for 2024 (18): Luis Abram, Thiago Almada, Erik Centeno, Noah Cobb, Derrick Etienne Jr., Ajani Fortune, Giorgos Giakoumakis, Brad Guzan, Ronald Hernández, Franco Ibarra, Brooks Lennon, Saba Lobjanidze, Edwin Mosquera, Tristan Muyumba, Santiago Sosa, Jamal Thiaré, Caleb Wiley, Tyler Wolff
Option exercised (1): Aiden McFadden
Option declined (4): Machop Chol, Jackson Conway, Clement Diop, Justin Garces, Efrain Morales
Players out of contract (7): Ozzie Alonso, Miguel Berry, Miles Robinson, Matheus Rossetto, Amar Sejdic, Quentin Westberg
End of loan (3): Ezequiel Barco, Juanjo Purata, Xande Silva
2024 Atlanta United roster (as of Nov. 17, 2023)
Goalkeepers (1): Brad Guzan
Defenders (6): Luis Abram, Noah Cobb, Ronald Hernández, Brooks Lennon, Aiden McFadden, Caleb Wiley
Midfielders (11): Thiago Almada, Derrick Etienne Jr., Nick Firmino*, Ajani Fortune, Franco Ibarra, Saba Lobjanidze, Edwin Mosquera, Tristan Muyumba, Santiago Sosa, Adyn Torres*, Tyler Wolff
Forwards (4): Luke Brennan*, Erik Centeno, Giorgos Giakoumakis, Jamal Thiaré
*Player will join Atlanta United effective Jan. 1, 2024
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 17, 2023
- LAFC Celebrates Sixth Annual Season of Giving Presented by Ford with a Full Month Community Service - Los Angeles FC
- Whitecaps FC Roster Updates from First Team and WFC2 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sounders FC and RAVE Foundation Celebrate Native Heritage Month with Free Admission to the Burke Museum this Sunday, November 19 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Austin FC Announces Roster Decisions Ahead of 2024 Season - Austin FC
- Orlando City, Pride and Orlando City Foundation to Host Eighth-Annual Turkey Distribution Presented by Publix on Tuesday, November 21 - Orlando City SC
- Colorado Rapids Appoint Chris Armas as Head Coach - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2024 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew Sign Captain Darlington Nagbe to Multiyear Contract Extension - Columbus Crew SC
- Atlanta United Announces Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United Exercises Transfer Option on Xande Silva
- Atlanta United Re-Signs Efraín Morales
- Thiago Almada, Giorgos Giakoumakis Named to 2023 MLS Best XI Presented by Continental Tire
- Atlanta United Announces Year-End Roster Moves
- Four Atlanta United Players Receive National Team Call-Ups for November FIFA Window