Arlo White to Call Four Games on WGN-TV Starting June 19
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today announced play-by-play commentator Arlo White - whose Fire broadcast debut was postponed last year by the pandemic - will call four consecutive games for the Fire starting in Columbus on Saturday, June 19 at 6:30 p.m. CT. This match will be the Crew's final match at Historic Crew Stadium before moving into New Crew Stadium on July 3.
Following the June 19 broadcast, White will then call three consecutive home matches at Soldier Field:
Wednesday, June 23 at 7:00 p.m. CT vs. FC Cincinnati
Saturday, June 26 at 7:00 p.m. CT vs. Philadelphia Union
Saturday, July 3 at 7:00 p.m. CT vs Atlanta United FC
All four of these matches will air live on WGN-TV, Chicago's Very Own, and CFFC Live, the new streaming platform on ChicagoFireFC.com and the Chicago Fire FC mobile app.
White will be in the booth with Fire color analyst and U.S. Soccer Hall of Famer Tony Meola. Fire play-by-play commentator Tyler Terens will provide insight from field level during each of the three upcoming home matches.
New enhancements for 2021: Fire broadcasts have featured additional specialty cameras this year. A super-slo-mo camera is in use, allowing for detailed analysis from the commentators. Upgraded netcams have been installed, and a jib camera, located at the south end of Soldier Field, close to the Fire supporters' section, has become a mainstay.
An on-field rail cam has made its debut as the first camera of its kind in MLS. It captures the speed of game action along the sideline for all Fire home matches and is featured on both the broadcast and in-stadium videoboards.
The Fire have also introduced a fresh on-air look and feel, having created an entirely new graphics package for the 2021 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 8, 2021
- Walker Zimmerman to Join U.S. Men's National Team for Friendly Match against Costa Rica - Nashville SC
- Sounders FC Wins Three Northwest Emmy Awards - Seattle Sounders FC
- Academy Update: Scouting Department Building the Future - Inter Miami CF
- Kickoff Times Adjusted for Colorado Rapids Matches on August 28, October 31 - Colorado Rapids
- Kickoff Time for Sounders FC's Match at Sporting Kansas City on September 26 Changed to 4:00 p.m. PT - Seattle Sounders FC
- Kickoff Times Updated for Three Sporting KC Home Matches - Sporting Kansas City
- Updated Start Time for Minnesota United's August 28 Game at Houston Dynamo Announced - Minnesota United FC
- Timbers Acquire Midfielder George Fochive - Portland Timbers
- Arlo White to Call Four Games on WGN-TV Starting June 19 - Chicago Fire FC
- FC Dallas Foundation and CornerStone Staffing Announce 2021 Community Action Grantees - FC Dallas
- New York Red Bulls Home Match on October 30 Versus CF Montreal Set for 4 PM ET - New York Red Bulls
- Minnesota United Announce Ticket Sales Schedule - Minnesota United FC
- Construction at Parc Paul-André-Potvinin Shawinigan Progressing Well - Club de Foot Montreal
- The Pitch: MLS NEXT Products Lift USMNT to Concacaf Nations League Title - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Fire FC Adds Knox Fortune, DJ King Marie, DJ Step to Lineup for "Ten/Eight: A Night at the Metro with Chicago Fire FC in Partnership with Heineken"
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 3-2 to New England Revolution at Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire FC to Begin Three-Game Homestand on Wednesday Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: September 20 Ã¢ÂÂ September 26
- Chicago Fire FC Concludes Six-Game Road Trip with 2-0 Loss to CF Montréal at Stade Saputo
- Chicago Fire FC Lose 3-0 to D.C. United at Audi Field